Sony Survey Wants To Know If You Are Interested In Changing Your PSN ID

Sony have been making encouraging noises about letting you change your PSN username for a few months, and it appears they want a more details on why people would like this feature. A survey, spotted by AllGamesDelta on Twitter, states that they have been “exploring the possibility” of adding the change mechanism.

Source: Twitter

Read more: # #
  1. ABlokeCalledDaz

Not allowed to share topic and contents from the survey but everyone seems to have been screaming for this forever so hopefully, it’ll happen

Comment posted on 09/02/2018 at 14:42.
  2. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

Nah, I’m happy with mine, even if it did get me a temporary PSN ban for apparently being the word for a joint! Not sure why the ban was only temporary, maybe the word has fallen out of fashion, anyway I’m off to smoke a ron.

Comment posted on 09/02/2018 at 15:18.
  3. camdaz

I’ve had my PSN username since the network started way back in the PS2 days so it wouldn’t feel right to change it, even if it didn’t mean anything at the time.

Comment posted on 09/02/2018 at 15:56.
  4. TSBonyman

Should we allow those who trolled PSN with the most offensive username they could get away with at the time, to change their username now? Nah. :P

Comment posted on 09/02/2018 at 16:05.
  5. coxy1701
    Since: Apr 2014

I’m quite happy with mine so it doesn’t really impact me.
    Sony surely must know that this is a sought after option. All they have to do is just look at the PlayStation forums plus other game sites.

I would mind a decent up date for the media player. To allow scene selection, more video play back options, video preview (like PS3)

Comment posted on 10/02/2018 at 00:31.
  6. Jason1
    Since: Feb 2018

i want to change my id name because i don’t like my old one

Comment posted on 10/02/2018 at 04:08.
  7. wonkey-willy
    Since: Jan 2010

I’m proud of my Wonkey-Willy and wouldnt change it for the world….

Comment posted on 10/02/2018 at 12:48.
  8. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

Not fussed either way but I’ll be a bit gutted because I ditched my original lvl 16 PSN ID when the PS4 came out and started again from scratch. My second PSN ID is currently lvl 37 so it’s no biggie but I would have been much higher if I’d stuck with my original PSN ID. Not that it matters much at all really in the grand scheme of things.

Comment posted on 12/02/2018 at 18:21.
    • MrYd
      Since: Mar 2011

That level 16 would only bring you up from 37 to 43, assuming you haven’t got any of the same trophies again. The number of trophies you need accelerates until level 12 before settling at 8000 point per level. (Level 14 being as many points in total as level 12, with 15,30,90 and 180 points for the 4 flavours of trophy)

But 37 just from the PS4 is pretty good going.

Comment posted on 13/02/2018 at 10:49.
      • JR.
        Since: Apr 2013

Thanks. I did go back and re-play a few PS3 games (inFamous 1-2, Uncharted 1-3, Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary/Underworld, Ratchet & Clank 1-3, The Force Unleashed 1-2, God of war… to name a few) so there are some double trophies in there. I’d definitely be lvl 40+ if I’d carried on with my original ID.

There were some games that I had the platinum for that I couldn’t bring myself to attempt again (Little Big Planet 1-2, the early Assassins Creed games, God of War 1-2 (challenges), GTA IV, Bionic Commando (loved this game) & Alone In the Dark being amongst them. They were just too time consuming to go for a second time.

Currently re-playing Enslaved Odyssey to the West – such a great game.

Comment posted on 13/02/2018 at 23:12.
      • MrYd
        Since: Mar 2011

That’s a good choice of game to replay. Could do with a remaster too, although that seems unlikely and everyone would complain about another remaster along with another thing based on a classic Chinese story. Even if it came out 8 years ago before some other things based on it.

Comment posted on 14/02/2018 at 11:46.
      • JR.
        Since: Apr 2013

They should definitely remaster it. I did notice the similarities between Enslaved and Horizon Zero Dawn. It could just be a coincidence but I think Guerrilla games were heavily inspired by Enslaved. I love both games so I don’t mind either way.

Comment posted on 14/02/2018 at 13:30.