UK Charts 10/02/18 – Shadow Of The Colossus Is Number One

Sony score another No1

The Shadow of the Colossus remake for PlayStation 4 has proved incredibly popular and has jumped to the top of the charts on the week of release, the same position the original PS2 version of game gained back in 2006, but with sales that are 73% higher than the original.

EA Sports UFC 3 holds steady at No3 whilst last weeks chart topper, Monster Hunter World, drops to third place. The Evil Within 2 clambers back in to the top ten as it has been on offer from numerous retailers, as has Overwatch.

LW TW Title Age Rating Publisher
18 11 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY PEGI 7+ ACTIVISION
10 12 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD PEGI 12+ NINTENDO
13 OVERWATCH: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION PEGI 12+ BLIZZARD
21 14 FALLOUT 4 PEGI 18+ BETHESDA
16 15 FORZA HORIZON 3 PEGI 3+ MICROSOFT
11 16 PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS PEGI 16+ MICROSOFT
13 17 ROCKET LEAGUE: COLLECTORS EDITION PEGI 3+ WARNER BROS.
19 18 WWE 2K18 PEGI 16+ 2K
6 19 DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ PEGI 12+ BANDAI NAMCO
20 20 TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE PEGI 18+ UBISOFT

Ukie Games Charts ©, compiled by GfK

1. TSBonyman

SotC, Fifa, GTA, CoD, MH, Mario Kart, Super Mario .. anyone’d think time stood still at the top of the charts!

Comment posted on 12/02/2018 at 12:51.
    • bunimomike

Great franchises are hard to beat. Saying that, having the odd cat amongst the pigeons is good for the pigeons. Gets them to up their game, as it were.

Comment posted on 12/02/2018 at 14:20.
  2. Steelhead
    Since: Oct 2013

I nearly bought Shadow of the Colossus this week, but in the end I held back from doing so.

SOTC was a truly transcendent experience for me as a 15 year old, one of those games that opened my eyes to how brilliant gaming could be.

I feel that the game won’t hold the same sense of wonder or impact a second time around.

I’m probably just overthinking this and should buy the game to admire the pretty new lighting effects.

Comment posted on 12/02/2018 at 15:17.
  3. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

I played the original SOTC last week and managed to reach the fourth colossus. The controls can only be described as being extremely cumbersome. I made some allowances for the age of the game and I enjoyed it for the most part.

When my copy of the SOTC Remake arrived at the weekend, I didn’t have the patience to wait until I’d finished the original game and jumped straight in. The remake is absolutely fantastic. It was great seeing how it compares to the original but I’m not sure if I will go back and finish the original game after playing this. So much easier to control – although the horse is still a PITA. Really enjoying it so far. The fifth colossus was insane. I can’t believe they pulled that off on the PS2.

Comment posted on 12/02/2018 at 16:33.
    • bennibop
      Since: Aug 2014

It’s mean to be cumbersome was a design decision by ueda

Comment posted on 12/02/2018 at 20:10.
    • bennibop
      Since: Aug 2014

It’s mean to be cumbersome was a design decision by ueda

Comment posted on 12/02/2018 at 20:10.
  4. woodsy321

im glad i’ll be playing this for the first time

Comment posted on 12/02/2018 at 20:20.