Everyone Is Terrified The Dog Is Going To Die In The Last Of Us 2

The Lassie Of Us

The Director of The Last of Us Part II, Neil Druckmann, recently tweeted a picture of him with a cute dog in a motion capture suit. Obviously the dog will be making an appearance in the game but rather than make people happy, everyone is terrified that Druckmann will kill off the pooch.

Comments include: “I’m genuinely terrified now”, “If this dog dies so help me god….”, “Please Neil, that dog need to stay alive at the end of the game !!!”, “Not buying the game until I have confirmation that nothing bad happens to this good dog”, “Nooooo. THIS DOG BETTER SURVIVE TLOU2”, and “well now that i’ve already fallen in love with this character, please for the love of all that is holy, DON’T HURT THAT DOG!”

Will the dog survive? Place your bets now.

Source: Twitter

1. JustTaylorNow
    Since: Oct 2011

I don’t understand the love for dogs, I hate them. Along with cats, can’t wait for the sad dog kill part

Comment posted on 19/02/2018 at 13:24.
  2. dave87fez
    Since: May 2011

It’s The Last Of Us. Of course the dog will die. Ellie will probably have to kill it herself for some reason.

I was actually genuinely shocked that both main characters didn’t die at the end of the first game. That felt like where it was headed, to me.

Comment posted on 19/02/2018 at 13:25.
    • Steviepunk
      Since: Apr 2012

Going by the trailer, Ellie is wanting to kill someone. Maybe they killed her dog?

Comment posted on 19/02/2018 at 13:46.
      • kjkg
        Since: Apr 2010

John Wick called, he wants to help.

Comment posted on 19/02/2018 at 14:54.
  3. TSBonyman

Look how he’s holding it up – of course it’s dead! ;)

Comment posted on 19/02/2018 at 13:33.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

Yep! He’s also covered in those RF tags they put on expensive steak now, so he’s obviously just been grabbed from the meat aisle.

Comment posted on 19/02/2018 at 14:12.
  4. Crazy_Del

wouldn’t that be a spoiler if Dev assured us nothing will happen because I’d be raging!!!.
    Since we are betting and I love betting…. I think this dog will sacrifice himself to save Ellie either being shot at or being chased by a clicker.

Comment posted on 19/02/2018 at 14:28.
    • dave87fez
      Since: May 2011

Maybe the dog was dead all along…

Or maybe he dies at the beginning and then enlists the help of Whoopi Goldberg to return to Earth and give Ellie one last lick…

Get your mind out of the gutter, guys. You know what I meant!

Comment posted on 19/02/2018 at 15:17.
  5. MrJimmy

Tbh the fact that a dog is featured is enough, made my day.

Comment posted on 19/02/2018 at 18:56.
  6. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

I hate dogs, so I wouldn’t mind killing it off myself.
    Maybe the story reveals that dogs are the true source of all evil, and without them there never would’ve happened the zombie apocalypse?

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 00:49.
  7. jeanhenry
    Since: Feb 2015

Christ on a bike, some people need to get a grip. If that dog turns it’s going down, end of!

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 10:27.