Burnout Paradise Remastered Confirmed For PS4 And Xbox One!

Yasss!

Surprise! EA have just confirmed the existence of Burnout Paradise Remastered, the first ever remaster for EA, and it will contain the base game plus all the DLC.

The game is confirmed for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and will run in 4K and 60FPS on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Burnout Paradise Remastered will launch on 16th March with EA Access members getting their paws on it a little earlier on 9th March. The PC version will be available later in the year via Origin and will include all the DLC for the first time.

UPDATE: Stellar Entertainment are handling the port, but who are they? Well a quick look at their website reveals this is their first game, but the good news is that the team includes ex-Criterion staff, which is a good sign.

Source: Press release

1. Bornindafire
    Since: Apr 2014

Great Step EA Games .. Now Remaster some of the Older Need For Speed Titles As Well As The Fight Night Series !!

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 17:23.
    • parryman
      Since: Apr 2012

I’d love me some Fight Night!

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 20:00.
      • Bornindafire
        Since: Apr 2014

Fingers Crossed ( @bornfiregaming) Instagram … see my mini fight night collection

Comment posted on 21/02/2018 at 03:01.
  2. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

YESSS!!! But so, so many questions. Soundtrack? Physical release? Bikes? Easydrive? DJ Atomica? Crash Mode??? The trailer did say ‘the way it was meant to be played’, which in my view means Crash Mode, surely Crash Mode? Maybe not.

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 17:49.
    • mclarenrob2
      Since: Jul 2012

Did Paradise have a Crash Mode? I can’t remember that it did…

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 20:19.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

It didn’t sadly, just my wishful thinking!

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 20:22.
      • homerjnick
        Since: Jun 2010

Eh? It did have Crash Mode did it not? I remember pressing both sticks and the game would flip into Crash Mode where you had to hit cars to extend the timer…each street had top scores for this mode along with top average speed.

There was a trophy for this…the mode was called Showtime though…is that different to Crash Mode?

Comment posted on 21/02/2018 at 10:25.
      • Kevling

Yes this was different to traditional crash mode. This is turning your car into a wrecking ball of destruction rolling down any street you are currently driving on. Original crash mode was more of a puzzle game with a junction set up specifically for you to drive into and smash up, with score bonuses and multipliers etc.

Comment posted on 21/02/2018 at 11:04.
  3. DJ Judas
    Epic

I’ll just continue to bleet about needing a remaster for B3: Takedown instead.

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 18:31.
  4. Pixel_nme
    Since: Mar 2014

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 19:19.
  5. tactical20

Skate Trilogy HD pleeeeeeease!!

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 19:31.
  6. Crazy_Del

Whoop! Roll on the 16th March and THANK YOU Stellar Entertainment (Ex-Criterion staff) ^^

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 21:13.
  7. wonkey-willy
    Since: Jan 2010

Maybe,just maybe i will finally find the last 2 smash gates that eluded me the first time around..
    and as for fight night ohhh yesss now that would be worth every penny.
    here’s hoping

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 21:26.
  8. Kevling

*Hopefully* this is to gauge interest for a potential new Burnout game.

I loved Burnout Paradise, and have every intention of getting this, but i’m Genuinely surprised at the price, I was expecting something in the line of £25 rather than £35.

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 21:30.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

Me too, much as I really want this it’s too expensive for an impulse preorder, I’ll just wait for the reviews and I wanted a physical release anyway.

Comment posted on 21/02/2018 at 07:03.
    • Kevling

Having said that, is there actually anyone left at Criterion to make a new Burnout anyway? Most of the original Burnout teams left to form Ghost Games, Three Fields, and now Stellar as well. And they’re busy with Battlefront too.

Comment posted on 21/02/2018 at 11:06.
  9. coruscant
    Since: Oct 2010

Stellar Entertainment, take me home! (in the Jansen ’88!)

Comment posted on 20/02/2018 at 22:47.
  10. spooner_22

I don’t quite understand the price complaints. You get all of the DLC included in this, which also means big surf island. I think it’s worth the money.

Comment posted on 21/02/2018 at 10:58.
    • Kevling

I think it’s just the mental Harriet of buying a port of an old game, rather than something new. Just a bit higher than I expected, but i’ll Be buying it anyway :)

Comment posted on 21/02/2018 at 11:08.
      • Kevling

Yes Harriet. That’s what I meant to say. Not “barrier” at all.

Comment posted on 21/02/2018 at 11:09.