Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered Gets A Launch Trailer

Ubisoft don’t seem to be giving Assassin’s Creed: Rogue Remastered much of a push, it’s out now but reviews are few and far between. It’s actually quite a good addition to the Assassin’s Creed stable and worth a look if you missed out when it launched a few years ago on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Source: YouTube

1. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

I don’t remember anything specific about this game but I remember really liking it at the time. All of these AC games (III, Black Flag & Rogue) all seem to blend into one.

It will be interesting to see how the gameplay holds up after Origins. I wasn’t keen on the Origins gameplay at first but I’m worried it’s going to make the old AC gameplay feel, well… old.

My copy dispatched yesterday so I’ll find out soon I guess.

Comment posted on 20/03/2018 at 14:03.
  2. tactical20

Been waiting so long for this! Saw it in the supermarket earlier this morning but thought, it’s cool, I’ll be home in an hour or so, by which time the post will have been and my copy will be waiting for me, propped up by the front door.

Yeah, it didn’t arrive.

Comment posted on 20/03/2018 at 14:06.
  3. Adrian Burrows
    Since: Jul 2017

I enjoyed this on release but have to agree with JR, I’m not sure how well the combat or quest structure will have aged post Origins.

Comment posted on 20/03/2018 at 14:15.
  4. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

To be fair, they didn’t even bother to market it the first time around aside from one demo, one trailer and focused on Unity. Remember Unity? Remember how good it was. Oh. Oh, it was more buggy then a Bethesda on PS3 game and was a massive letdown after Black Flag. Oh. Oh Ubisoft. *rolls eyes*

Rogue really should have been the only AC game for that year. I mean, if it was fully fledged, being a Templar(It’s at least 4 years ol) should have been a much more interesting plot. Modern day kinda sucks to play and isn’t as interesting as BF’s MD stuff(and that was tedious to play, the md sections) Gameplay is a bit stiff though. I mean, going from Black Flag’s fluid dual wielding Kenway to Cormac’s kinda clunky and slower combat is rather noticable. It also tries too hard to paint the assassains as idiots or evil. It really should have been a lot like AC3’s templars where they have good reasons but their approach is questionable.

Still, far better and fun then Unity. Probably was the last game to be regarded as good as Black Flag by many. Also, it is collectiblemania in this.

Basically, think of it as an expansion for Black Flag. If you do, you’ll ejoy it. If you don’t, you’ll be disappointed by it’s short length. Granted, 6 sequences is far better then the first 6 in ACIII. That’s just the tutorial/prologue stuff in III.

Comment posted on 20/03/2018 at 16:33.
    • MrYd
      Since: Mar 2011

I think you’re being a bit unfair on Unity there. Ok, there might have been some bugs on release, but weren’t they fixed quite quickly? I didn’t play it until a couple of months after release, and didn’t come across any issues at all.

And it was certainly more of an AC game than Black Flag was. That was just a pirate game with the AC name slapped on.

Rogue was probably more of an AC game than BF was too. Even if it was a bit short. And still had some of that tedious sailing nonsense. So yeah, an expensive expansion for BF that managed to be a bit more of a proper AC game than BF was. And at least it’s not got a map full of question marks like the last game. Which I’m not allowed to name after getting the platinum and retiring the fruit-based joke.

Give it a couple of months and it’ll be nice and cheap.

Comment posted on 20/03/2018 at 16:59.
      • The Lone Steven
        Never heard of him.

Whilst I agree that it wasn’t much of an assassain game, the pirate theme worked well and I loved the sailing aspect. Hated the online only fleet stuff(which ROgue corrected) and after III, the franchise may have had a lack of direction before going Piratey. That and Naval was recieved well in III. It does have a superb plot and Edward comes off as a better character then Connor. Unity tries too hard with some stuff and i think, Arno was meant to be the new Ezio but trying to be New Ezio is a mistake. Be the new character. Tis cheap on PS3 atm. ;)

Comment posted on 20/03/2018 at 17:55.
      • JR.
        Since: Apr 2013

Unity looked absolutely gorgeous but they spent so much time recreating the intricate stained glass windows of the Notre Dame, that the plot and the characters felt like an afterthought.

I honestly wouldn’t have remembered the main guy was called Arno if you hadn’t just mentioned it. Completely forgettable.

But damn those stained glass windows were breathtaking.

Comment posted on 20/03/2018 at 18:55.
      • MrYd
        Since: Mar 2011

Same problem with Oranges, surely? Looked gorgeous, but the number of distractions (all those ?s and “optional” content you needed to do to get to a high enough level) meant the story got kind of lost and you forgot what was happening by the time you got back to it.

Not helped by the terrible voice acting either. Or having more bugs than Unity. I’m willing to accept that hippos really do run like that, but the number of people running around with wonky animations that made them look like either they were about to shit themselves, or possibly just had?

Comment posted on 20/03/2018 at 19:35.
      • JR.
        Since: Apr 2013

Absolutely. I actually can’t remember the name of the guy in Origins either. Saying that, the only Assassins names I do remember are Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward. How odd. I spent hundreds of hours 100%-ing Unity, Syndicate and Origins and I cant remember the characters names.

The only great thing about Origins was the world itself. The characters and the plot were 5/10 at best. Still a good game overall but take away the Pyramids and it’s every open world game we’ve already played to death in the last 10 years. But prettier.

Comment posted on 20/03/2018 at 20:01.