April's PlayStation Plus Games Are Mad Max And Trackmania Turbo

Sony have revealed April’s PlayStation Plus games and they’re not half bad, with Mad Max and Trackmania Turbo leading the charge on PlayStation 4. We gave Max a respectable 7/10, and Trackmania got a whopping 9/10 in our review.

Unfortunately the rest of the line up is a bit rubbish, frankly I’ve not heard of half the games but PlayStation VR owners take note, Trackmania Turbo works in PSVR and is like being strapped in to a rollercoaster. Here’s the full list:

• Mad Max (PS4)
  • Trackmania Turbo (PS4)
  • In Space We Brawl (PS3)
  • Toy Home (PS3)
  • 99 VIDAS (PS Vita)
  • Q*Bert Rebooted (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)

Source: PS Blog

1. Andrewww
    Since: Jan 2010

Trackmania is definitely welcome for the odd nausea-inducing spin, I never could get myself to buying it after I quite liked the demo. It even got some PSVR support, right?

Comment posted on 28/03/2018 at 18:27.
  2. JR.
    Since: Apr 2013

Yes! Mad Max is one of my favourite games this gen, so good. I finished the main campaign but always meant to go back and finish off all the side quests. Now I can :D

Not fussed about any of the others.

Comment posted on 28/03/2018 at 18:28.
  3. MOVE
    Since: Mar 2010

Hated the demo of Trackmania. However, in VR? Is it vomit inducing?

Comment posted on 28/03/2018 at 18:41.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

Not as bad as you’d think, but hard work :) The rest of the game is great fun though and probably the most addictive just-one-more-go time trial game. I’m really looking forward to Mad Max, in a similar way to how I’m looking forward to the other dozen Plus games in my backlog!

I completely misread this Plus PS4 games only news, is that next year then?

Comment posted on 28/03/2018 at 19:44.
      • tonyyeb
        Since: Aug 2010

Yep, March next year.

Comment posted on 29/03/2018 at 10:10.
  4. Tony Cawley
    Pint! Pint!

They’ve really stepped their game up these last 2 months. I’ve been wanting both these games for a while but haven’t got round to picking turn up.

Happy days!

Comment posted on 28/03/2018 at 19:40.
  5. MrYd
    Since: Mar 2011

Well that’s the worst month ever then. Kind of.

I’ve already got the 2 main PS4 games, and the other 4 appear to be fairly terrible.

On the plus side, those main 2 are very good.

But this is going to be a problem next year, isn’t it? Once it’s down to just 2 PS4 games, and they inevitably end up being something everyone already owns? That’s 2 months in a row with nothing for me.

Comment posted on 28/03/2018 at 19:56.
    • ron_mcphatty
      Since: Sep 2008

Yeah I was thinking the same about the PS4 games, at least with the others there’s been some great indie surprises amongst the winge bait. But then, if we all get four games from our wish list every year then the £45 sub is justified.

Comment posted on 29/03/2018 at 09:18.
  6. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

Hallelujah!!! This is the first line-up in ages I’m actually happy with. Lasts months was pretty good too, but I already had the games.

Comment posted on 29/03/2018 at 09:12.
  7. MrYd
    Since: Mar 2011

Yes, even if there’s only 1 game every other month that you haven’t got, it’s still worth the yearly cost.

Even the extra PS+ discount they give in the store probably saves money on it’s own. The free games are a bonus.

And I guess there won’t be too long between dropping to just 2 games a month and then having more games added for the PS5. If they call it that. But I suspect that’s slightly more likely to appear in 2020 than next year.

Comment posted on 29/03/2018 at 09:44.
    • MrYd
      Since: Mar 2011

How did that end up down here? It was supposed to be a reply to Mr McPhatty! Stupid internets.

Comment posted on 29/03/2018 at 09:48.