My Japanese is a bit basic, but I’m getting custom backgrounds and improved PSP support from this article from Impress.
There’s also emoticons that appear in the on-screen keyboards, and you can arrange games whereever you want, rather than just one big list… =)
We’ll update this post as we get confirmed details in – stay tuned!
Update: It’s OUT TOMORROW!
We’re also reading that you can eject disks from the controller, you can now rip CDs at 176Khz, there’s picture adjustment via the XMB (but no custom soundtracks!), upscaling of PS/PS2 games can be changed from the XMB (within the game) and a few tweaks to the web browser. Ace.
2nd Update: Here’s the full list:
• Ability to rearrange games on the XMB
• Option menu now includes “eject disk”
• Press triangle to eject games/CDs/movies in the XMB
• XMB backgrounds
• Change the folder classification
• Change CD output to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz
• Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI
• Change PS3 video settings in-game
• “Bit Mapping” in the “Music Setting”
• Save AVCHD type animations from a Memory Stick
• Change settings like upscaling while playing PS and PS2 games
• Add bookmarks
• Web browser security function in the browser’s tool section
• Avatar moves during audio visual chat
3rd Update: Kotaku have blogged about it: