A scan of the latest Nintendo Power Magazine has shown off some new screens from Sonic 4 Episode 1, as well as revealing some new details about the game.
The magazine has an interview with Sonic legend and lead designer, Takashi Lizuka who has previously worked on titles such as Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic The Hedgehog 3.
Some of the information revealed during the interview was:
- Only one other member of the original Sonic Team is working on the game, Jen Senoue who had previously composed music in Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3.
- The game returns to the classic and simple one button press gameplay of old
- Sonic has a Homing Attack , much like the one in Sonic Adventure
- No other characters such as Tails or Knuckles will make an appearance, although he did suggest that this may happen in a later episode
- The number of episodes that will appear in the new game is still under wraps.
Other sections in the magazine also reveal that Dr Robotnix will use new attacking techniques once you hit him three times and in later stages of the game Day will turn to Dusk.
It all sounds pretty promising stuff, and we can’t wait till it’s released this June.