According to French site GameBlog.fr, Nintendo’s next console will be dubbed “Wii Hi-Fi” (not Wii HD) and is set for a reveal during the company’s E3 conference next week.
We don’t normally cover Nintendo consoles here on TSA, but claims from the French site that the new machine will reach Xbox 360 levels of visuals make a very clear ping on our radars.
Here’s what GameBlog.fr are citing (albeit translated into English) as the main differences between the Wii and whatever the follow-up will be:
- It should be on par with the 360
- It should not be called Wii 2 but Wii HiFi
- It will be very online-oriented this time
- Community aspects will be a big component
- It should be out around November 2011
Naturally, this is all hearsay and rumours just now, we’ve certainly not heard anything on this ourselves but if it’s true it’s basically what we’d expect Nintendo to do next, anyway.
Hopes are high for the big reveal of a new Zelda title from the Japanese company next week.