The totals for all consoles currently in use across Europe has been revealed, with a grand total of 114 million units.
The data comes from GameStop and IDG, and is apparently the first ‘clear’ picture of the current state of this-gen machines sold throughout Europe.
Here’s how the figures break down, with the DS and Wii clear leaders, and Microsoft’s Xbox 360 bringing up the bottom of the table. Interesting to note there’s more PSPs out there than PS3s.
- 46 million Nintendo DS units
- 24.9 million Nintendo Wii units
- 14.8 million Sony PSP units
- 14.7 million Sony PlayStation 3 units
- 13.7 million Microsoft Xbox 360 units
The figures are correct as of December 2010.
The report claims that there’s another 40 million or so ‘last’ gen units still floating around.