Girl Fight is a new beat ’em up heading towards the PSN and XBLA this spring from Microprose, Kung Fu Factory and Majesco Entertainment.
The rather startling re-emergence of 90’s software house Microprose is – sadly – the least shocking part of the news. Let’s take a look at the press release.
- “Get Ready to Lick the Competition with Girl Fight” – There are only female fighters in the game so ‘lick’ implies that they are lesbians! Look, they even used a capital ‘L’ on Lick to emphasise the lesbionics.
- “With hair flying, long legs kicking and the ear-piercing shrill of deadly vixens.” – As they are girls they scream a lot, tug hair and have super sexy legs. This is more important than which martial arts they have studied.
- “Girl Fight is a unique all-female, fast-paced spin on arcade-style fighting games.” – No it’s not, Skullgirls is out around the same time.
- “Girl Fight allows players to choose from an array of sexy fighters.” – When was the last time you heard Capcom describe Ken and Ryu as ‘sexy’? Do Netherrealm refer to Goro as ‘Mr Totty’? No.
- “With unlimited funding and no moral or ethical compass, THE FOUNDATION collects its test subjects from all around the world, often abducting and plugging women into their virtual construct known as The Mainframe” – With limited funding and no moral compass Kung Fu Factory have made a game about kidnapping women, objectifying them and then making them fight for your entertainment.
There’s nothing wrong with a bit of T&A in a game, Bayonetta is a great example of a ‘sexy’ character. However, the press release for Girl Fight makes the game sound horrendously sleazy.
Source: Press Release