All that glisters is not gold, sometimes, it’s a shiny gem. Shakespeare said that. Well, he said something like that anyway.
The US PlayStation Blog has posted up notice that PopCap’s Bejeweled 3 will be colour-matching its way onto the North American PSN later today. Hopefully that means a European release tomorrow but our blog hasn’t given us any news on the matter so don’t hold your breath.
The game is, by their own admission, going to be a hard sell to people who have played Bejeweled 2 to death and might not see the benefits of updating to another match 3 game. But there are some differences, some additions and some prettier graphics.
Bejeweled 3 features 8 game modes, some of which are very different, here’s what Jeff Green of PopCap said on the Blog post:
- Classic (regular Bejeweled, but now better-looking!)
- Quest (kind of like an RPG, minus the characters, story, dialog, or combat, or anything else RPG-related. But there are 40 puzzles to solve!)
- Zen (You can’t lose! Be happy! You are your own shiny gem!)
- Lightning (a fast, time-based game kinda like Bejeweled Blitz)
- Four more “secret modes” of play that you can unlock, but that I can’t spoil here even though you could totally Google it in like one minute!
You’ll probably already know if you’re excited for Bejeweled 3 or happy sticking with a previous version (or a substandard knock off from the AppStore or a Flash game website…) so there’s not a lot more that can be said. It’s good to see something from PopCap though, they’ve been a little bit quiet since their big acquisition by EA.
Source: US PS Blog