According to a post on GAF, PlayStation 3 system software 4.20 will be released tonight.
The new features include tweaks to the wireless stereo headset options, time-off adjustments and the ability to copy multiple items of save data.
The full rumoured list is as followed:
Wireless Stereo Headset
When the wireless stereo headset (CECHYA-0080) is connected, you can now adjust the sidetone level for microphone audio. Select [Sidetone] under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Audio Device Settings].
- Off: Disable microphone audio from the headset
- 1-5: Enable microphone audio from the headset
You can now set the amount of time until the system automatically turns off. Under (Settings) > (Power Save Settings) > [System Auto-Off] you will be able amend the time for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for [Game/Other Features]:
- Video/TV/Music/Photo – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
- Game/Other Features – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
If you enabled [System Auto-Off] in system software prior to version 4.20, the selected time will be set for both [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [Game/Other Features].
The default settings are [After 4 Hours] for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [After 1 Hour] for [Game/Other Features].
Save Game Selection
Under (Games) > (Saved Data Utility (PS3™), you can now select multiple saved data items, and then either delete or copy them as a group.
- You cannot use [Copy Multiple] to select data that is copy-protected.
- Some saved data cannot be copied.
- The upper right corner of the screen displays: the number of saved data items that are selected, the total number of saved data items and the total file size of the saved data items that are selected.
We’ll let you know if any other hidden features sneak through.