I’ve had a short break as I’ve been travelling and been doing other things, but I’m back now and ready for action for this week’s Community Round-Up!
[With plenty added bits from me which I’d already written! – Tef]
TSA has its very own Battlefield 3 server! It’s called “TheSixthAxis Official Server” and everyone is welcome.
To go along with this month of renewed BF3 fever, we also gave away a pair of codes for the Close Quarters DLC pack. I’m happy to be able to announce that McProley and BigC23 were our two winners, and both should reply to that email that’s probably mistakenly sat in their Spam filters!
Death_in_Flamez has been at it again, organising a MotorStorm: Apocalypse Championship in the forums. I believe that there’s a post in the offing for this weekend that has the race lineup and info, so if you’re involved or interested, keep an eye out for that for all the latest details.
TSA has gone absolutely Battlefield 3 mad, since we got that server last week. There have been people playing it every evening since, so in addition to the regular meets, if you want some BF3 action, just find some buddies to play with or rock up to the TSA server.
If that’s not really your scene, there’s the usual Uncharted 3 (replete with the latest patch) tonight at 7PM, and those who like driving around should enjoy the Sunday Dirt Showdown meet at 6PM… on Sunday.
Then it’s a long, long wait until the regular Battlefield 3 DLC meet on Thursday, and Battlefield 3’s regular meet (which will be put up at some point) on Friday.
So, hectic as usual, then! You can always create your own meet to add to the chaos, if you have 250 TSA points.
It’s been a while since we last had a lot of reviews, but this week they’ve returned in force! Huzzah!
Starting us off is a review Sound Shapes, the latest must-have game for the PS Vita and PS3, which Al liked just a little bit. He sums it up by saying, “Just buy it,” but also gave it a 9/10, so I guess you better had!
Next up Jim took a look at new MMORPG, The Secret World. He came away with a generally positive impression, which was somewhat mirrored by Peter’s review of New Super Mario Brothers 2, both receiving 7/10. A somewhat ironic title, it seems, for NSMB2. But what doesn’t appeal to anyone is the buggy mess of No Man’s Land, with Jim giving it a dismal 2/10.b
In previews this week were the recently announced Grid 2, sequel to another one of Codemasters popular racing games, and a look at LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Jim also keeps his Hall of Heroes series going nicely with a look at Bax the Ork.
We also keep the pace up with a bunch of features, as Alex asks whether game violence is really violence at all, Peter chats about his time with the PS Vita and the future of the system, and Kris asks if we aren’t all taking the satisfying pling of a trophy just a teensy bit too seriously?
Over to the regular weekly community features, and there’s the latest Community Chronicle, with one heck of an Olympics viewing set up on show! WeView’s verdict is in for FIFA Street, whilst Modern Warfare 3 is in the stand for your views this time around. Finally we have What We Played and the TSA Podcast.
Oh, and it’d be best not to forget that Peter has an iBook out. It’s as free as a thing that doesn’t cost any money, also available as a PDF, and lays out all the background history you might need to know for Assassin’s Creed 3. Absolutely worth a download.
Let’s take a look at the Forums, which seem to of picked up since I left which is great to see!
- Metal Gear Solid fans assemble!
- Following all the trophy discussion, Youles asks if DLC ruins the ‘platinum status’.
- OrigamiKiller goes all Aristotle on us with his take on the world.
- Steven asks if he should get BF3. He should.
- And lastly fillip2k has a little moan about the economy and employability.
Good to see the place so full of life!
Batman narrowly defeated Issac Clark from Dead Space last week with a 6 – 5 victory, meaning he now goes into the Hall of Fame. This week we have two new contenders, let’s take a look!
- He is a cybernetically-enhanced supersoldier.
- Has a vast armoury of futuristic weaponry.
- He’s so strong he can flip vehicles like they are feathers.
- His health rapidly depletes without his shield.
- Spartan lasers (and other weapons) can be painfully slow to charge.
- (Spoiler) Following the end to Halo 3, he’s currently in a cryonic sleep which could be problematic for a situation like the showdown.
- Well known for his tornado spin attack.
- Also a professional go-karter.
- Aku Aku (the floating head thingy) acts as his guardian.
- Crashes into far too many boxes.
- His arch-nemesis is Doctor Neo Cortex.
- Relies on Wumpa fruit for extra lives.
Well that’s it once again, hopefully Team GB’s success in the Olympics will continue right up until the end which is tomorrow, but in the mean time don’t forget to get voting below! Bye!
– This post was half written by Teflon and Gazzagb each. A collaborate effort gone… OK?