Ahead of this Thursday’s Nintendo Direct conference, one site has gone live with what they’re claiming to be a final set of technical specs for the Wii U.
We can’t vouch for them, but they might provide some discussion. For example: four USB ports? Potential PlayStation killer right there.
- CPU: “Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores
- GPU: “GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)
- Memory: Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)
- Storage: Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives
- Networking: 802.11 b/g/n Wifi
- Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i
- Video Cables Supported:
- Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.
- USB: Four USB 2.0 Ports
Thoughts? It’s difficult to really gauge the power of the thing from these snippets, but at least we (apparently) now know the RAM on board (it’s twice that of the PS3) and it’s going to be fun seeing Nintendo games in HD.
Roll on Thursday, when we should get a release date and pricing.