The evergreen Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the latest game in the series, is back at the top of the UK sales charts, making this its seventh week, albeit non-consecutively.
Sales of the game grew 20% week on week, proving the first person shooter has serious legs with fans of the annual franchise.
Elsewhere it’s a familiar story – FIFA’s in second place and Ubisoft hold third with Far Cry 3. Interestingly, perhaps, FIFA has become the first game to net £1 billion at UK retail, although that’s apparently through 40 games over the years.
Call of Duty and the Mario series are the second and third best selling series ever.
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
2. FIFA 13 (EA)
3. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
4. DMC: Devil May Cry (Capcom)
5. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
6. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
7. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
8. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
10. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
11. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
12. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
13. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
14. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
15. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
16. WWE ’13 (THQ)
17. Dishonored (Bethesda)
18. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
19. Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
20. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)