Dylan Jobe Has A Concept For Warhawk 2

Not another Starhawk.

After the failure of the Warhawk spiritual successor, Starhawk – seriously, what happened there? – we thought that Warhawk, which remains one of the finest multiplayer experiences this generation, would be left to die.

And in some ways, that’s true – the studio have moved on to other, smaller projects and split away from Sony, though in his mind, the concept for the game is there, it just needs a pile of cash thrown on it from Sony’s end.

Kickstarter wouldn’t work though, it’s “too expensive” he says, on his twitter feed:

He goes on to say that he’s not sure if Sony would be interested, but he definitely seem enthusiastic about the sequel himself. Nevertheless, a sequel on PS4 would surely be fantastic. Let’s hope Sony see that while Starhawk didn’t take off, Warhawk 2 certainly would.

Read more: # # #
  1. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

OMG! Yes!!

TBH I’d even just love Warhawk DLC

As for Starhawk’s failures, some design choices made it very unbalanced but it was still a blast.

Sony sending titles out to die also didn’t help, see Puppeteer’s launch to see how much they learnt from failures of Twisted Metal, Starhawk, God of War Ascension & a dozen Move titles.

But, Fuck yes… A Warhawk 2

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 12:30.
  2. Takyu
    Since: Aug 2012

Starhawk was weird for me. The beta was fantastic and perfectly balanced in my opinion, but when the final product came out, it just seemed off. Some of the weapons, pickups and perks just ruined certain aspects of the gameplay, and I’ve hardly played the game in months now.

A shame, as I actually quite enjoyed the single player mode, and would love to see a return to the Warhawk setting with a proper campaign mode.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 12:31.
  3. Starman
    Since: Jul 2011

I’d buy whatever console this was on.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 12:48.
    • WHITESABBATH
      Since: Oct 2013

I like many others purchased the PS3 console because of WarHawk.It’s the only game i play and see no point in purchasing a PS4 unless an actual sequel to WH is made. Lets hope.

Comment posted on 30/10/2013 at 00:53.
  4. hol
    Since: Oct 2009

What surprises me is there are still Warhawk servers running & it’s how old now? Regardless, I know a few that are still playing this, it was & I guess still is great fun. Oddly Planetside 2 reminds me a lot of Warhawk.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 12:54.
  5. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

No marketing will do that.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 13:14.
  6. Scythegpd
    Since: Jul 2010

Warhawk was one of the best multiplayer experiences this gen (after they sorted out the frustrating opening issues in the first few weeks after launch)
    Closely followed by Resistance1
    Would love a warhawk2, sadly wouldn’t get to play it though as refuse to pay for online gaming (principle, not cost).

No other online games have captured me quite as much as those 2

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 13:20.
  7. jbni
    Since: Apr 2010

Starhawk…some of the worst multiplayer games I’ve ever come across. I never played Warhawk, but from all the great reviews, I’d hope a sequel would be more like that rather than Starhawk.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 13:25.
  8. Airiaen

I disliked Starhawk, unlike Warhawk it felt dead, the digital version took ages to to be on the store and in general the gameplay felt disappointing.I guess Sony’s “marketing” didn’t really help.

I’d love to see a sequel to Warhawk long as its like.. Warhawk but its probably impossible in these times.

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 14:55.
  9. RocketSOL
    Since: Oct 2008

One of the best multiplayer games I’ve ever played. It had one hell of a learning curve but once you were past that it was brilliant. I would love a proper sequel to Warhawk…so shut up and take my money!

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 16:49.
  10. deadwelsh

Loved Warhawk, didnt play Satrhawk but i felt disappointed it strayed so far from WH.

One of my fave ps3 games ever, although i havent played it for many a year now, didnt even realise it was still going tbh

Comment posted on 17/09/2013 at 17:56.