CCP Games has released the Uprising 1.8 update for DUSt 514, and it brings with it new dropsuits, new weapons, and a whole host of fixes to the game. It’s apparently the biggest battle changing update since the game was launched on the PS3 last year, linking the EVE Online universe to Sony’s now last generation machine. The full list of updates is below, and they’re not joking when it comes to a big update.
First off there are new Heavyweight Dropsuits which are:
- The Caldari Sentinel: 3% shield resistance to hybrid – blaster weapons per level, & 2% shield resistance to laser weapons per level.
- The Gallente Sentinel: 3% armour resistance to hybrid – railgun weapons per level, & 2% armour resistance to projectile weapons per level.
- The Minmitar Sentinel: 3% shield resistance to laser weapons per level, & 2% armour resistance to hybrid – blaster weapons per level.
- The Amarr Sentinel is also getting tweaked : 3% armour resistance to projectile weapons per level, & 2% shield resistance to hybrid – railgun weapons per level.
- Sentinel dropsuits receive 5% damage resistance to splash damage per level.
- The Caldari Commando: +2% damage to light hybrid – railgun weapons.
- The Gallente Commando: +2% damage to light hybrid – blaster weapons.
- The Minmitar Commando: +2% damage to light projectile and explosive weapons.
- The Amarr Commando will be receiving tweaks – +2% damage to light laser weapons.
- Commando dropsuits also have a bonus of 5% reduction to reload speed of light/sidearm weapons.
There are also new Lightweight dropsuit additions:
- Caldari Scout: +5% bonus to dropsuit scan radius and scan precision per level.
- Amarr Scout:+5% bonus to stamina regen and max stamina per level.
- Minmitar Scout Tweak: 5% bonus to hacking speed and nova knife damage per level.
- Gallente Scout Tweak: +5% bonus to dropsuit scan radius and 5% reduction to scan profile per level
- Scout role bonus is +15% reduction to PG/CPU cost of cloak field per level.
The are no new Middleweight dropsuits but there changes to bonuses:
- Caldari Assault: +5% to reload speed of hybrid railgun light/sidearm weapons per level.
- Gallente Assault: 5% reduction to hybrid – blaster light/sidearm hip-fire dispersion and kick per level.
- Minmatar Assault: +5% to projectile light/sidearm clip size per level.
- Amarr Assault: 5% reduction to laser weaponry heat build-up per level.
- Role Bonus: 5% reduction to PG/CPU cost of light/sidearm weapons.
- Caldari Logistics: +10% to nanohive max. nanites and +5% to supply rate and repair amount per level.
- Gallente Logistics: +10% to active scanner visibility duration and +5% to active scanner precision per level.
- Minmatar Logistics: +10% to repair tool range and 5% to repair amount per level.
- Amarr Logistics: 10% reduction to drop uplink spawn time and +2 to max. spawn count per level.
- Role Bonus: 5% reduction to PG/CPU cost of equipment.
The new weapons include:
- Caldari Magsec SMG.
- Caldari Bolt Pistol.
- Gallente Ion Pistol.
The rest of the patch notes for Uprising 1.8 are quite extensive too, and include big changes.
- Path to Game and Overall UI: Inline skill book purchasing added back to the marketplace.
- Gameplay: War Point rewards for vehicle damage have been reintroduced.
- Base stats have been adjusted for all Medium Frames. This includes Basic, Assault and Logistics roles.
- Mass Driver: Increased base direct/splash damage from 242/116 to 300/145.
- Laser Rifle: Increased effective range and increased damage at short range, reduced heat cost at ADV and PRO tiers. Improved zoom FOV.
- Proficiency skills of handheld weapons now grant 3% damage per level to either armour or shields (depending on the relevant weapon’s profile) rather than a flat increase to both.
- Damage mods have been reduced to 3%/4%/5% bonus to weapon damage from 3%/5%/10% previously.
- Base damage has been reduced on the following weapons: Assault Rifle, Scrambler Rifle, Combat Rifle, Rail Rifle, Submachine Gun.
- Grenade count has been reduced by 1 for all grenade types.
- Active scanner cooldown times increased. Scanner functionality changed to now perform “snapshot” scans in order to stop 360 degree spins.
- Range on repair tools reduced.
- Drop uplink spawn times increased.
- Nanohive nanite supply reduced.
- Locking a district will now ensure the attacker loses clones and ISK when there is no battle.
- Adjusted the battle spawning so that factions will need to spend more time defending their districts proportionally to the number of districts they control.
- Improved performance on certain maps that had a high installation count.
- To ensure parity with EVE Online support, customer support for DUST 514 will now only be offered in the following languages: English, Russian, Japanese, and German.