July’s NPD results have released showing the monthly trends in the US, charting both hardware and software sales. Through July Sony once again took the top spot with the PS4 in sales, which would have gone to help pushing it past 10 million mark. This is the seventh month that Sony’s latest console has come in at number one. Naughty Dog’s The Last Of Us was the best selling software across generations, while Minecraft came in second place.
1. The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)
2. Minecraft (360, PS3)
3. FIFA 14 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
4. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
5. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, PC)
7. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
8. Sniper Elite III (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
9. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
10. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, 3DS, DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, PC)
Nintendo also announced that over the last seven months sales for the Wii U console have risen 60%, compared to the same period of last year. July 2014’s software sales also dropped by 15% over the same time last year, and this was attributed to more money being spent on hardware instead.