Hideo Kojima revealed a load of new information on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain during Tokyo Game Show which has been helpfully collected over on NeoGAF. Here are my top ten points, to view the whole thread, click here.
- Snake has lost weight (and now runs about shirtless.)
- Snake can call in Quiet and orders her to scout up ahead, she will hum when in position and can provide cover fire.
- You can analyse soldiers to see their statistics, like in Peace Walker.
- The buddy system (taking Quiet or DD the wolfdog with you) is optional; you can play the game alone.
- DD, your canine companion, and your horse can die, and they stay dead.
- You will be able to develop weather modification technology.
- If you clear Ground Zeroes you’ll get something ‘really cool’ in The Phantom Pain.
- You can climb walls with cracks.
- During the missions you can bring more than one buddy. There are four seats on the chopper aside the one for Snake.
- “The concept behind Quiet was nudity. A naked sniper.” Kojima also reiterated the reason behind the way she looks will surprise us.
Konami have also released a huge number of screens for the game, which you can view in the gallery below.