Little over an hour ago we posted a news story that gave you some decidedly shady pointers on how to exploit a glitch in the PlayStation Store to get an exceedingly popular game for free. That was pretty naughty of us, and we soon started to feel bad about it. Blair couldn’t sleep, Aran struggled to form coherent sentences and Peter, well, he started baking some cupcakes of apology, but he always does that.
We didn’t take too long before deciding to pull the story, but still struggled to assuage our collective sense of guilt. This night’s about to get even worse for the guys though, because we’ve received yet another tip that really highlights just how broken and easily exploited a digital gaming paradise the PlayStation Store really is!
Keep reading for the 10 shockingly easy steps needed to download PIX The Cat for FREE*, a game which was recently given a superb 9/10 by Aran. You’d best be quick, because it will probably only take the PS Store team a few weeks to remove this hack.
- Perform a Google search for store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com using the browser of your choice (we recommend Netscape Navigator 4.0 for the best experience)
- Click on the top link or, if you’re feeling lucky and have Google.com as your homepage, click on the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button.
- Click on “Sign in” in the top right hand corner of the screen and enter your log in details in the pop up window.
- Using the search bar in the top right hand corner of the screen, enter “Pix the Cat”.
- Press the Return key on your keyboard to initiate a search and select the first entry.
- Go and make a cup of tea while you wait for the “Add to Basket” button to load in.
- When presented with the choice, click to “Continue Shopping” to dismiss the pop up screen before clicking on the little shopping cart icon at the top of the screen. Do NOT under any circumstances click on “Show Basket”.
- Click on “Proceed to Checkout”.
- Click on “Order & Pay”.
- Click on “Download to your PS4” and enjoy your ill gotten gains.
Hopefully those instructions were nice and easy to follow. Obviously, bear in mind the mental anguish through which much of the team is going as we try to bring you these shocking revelations at all hours of the day. It’s getting late, so we’ll probably wait until the morning for our expose on how to get a hold of Dust: An Elysian Tale, Spelunky, Rainbow Moon, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Dungeon & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara for absolutely no money*!
*Please note, you must be a PlayStation Plus subscriber for this glitch to work.