It’s time for a festive quiz on TSA, pens and paper at the ready, here is your starter for ten: Tetris Ultimate launched last week and was published by Ubisoft, did the game…
- Work perfectly without the need of any patches of fixes.
- Have numerous bugs, not least of which was a terrible frame rate problem on the PlayStation 4.
Ten points to everyone who guessed 2, as the game shipped with juddering blocks and a frame rate than would make Assassin’s Creed Unity blush. Just in case anyone is puzzled (aha), yes we are talking about Tetris, the game in which 2d geometric shapes fall down a screen, a game that runs perfectly well on a ZX Spectrum.
The solution, at least for the frame rate problems on PS4, is the console equivalent of “Have you turned it off and on again?”, namely disconnecting the console from the internet.
Here is a list of known issues and their current status.
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
– PlayStation 4 Frame rate issues Working On It Workaround Below
As we continue to look into this issue, here are steps that you can take to improve the frame rate.
- Disconnect from your internet connection (WIFI or Network Cable)
– VS matches continue after KO Working On It
It has been reported that during multiplayer Battle matches some players could continue indefinitely even after they were KO’d. This is a de-syncing issue and is being looked into.
– Tetrimino “skip” effect Working On It
Reports of input delays creating a ‘skipping’ effect where a hard drop places Tetriminos a space over.
– Progression Circle not populating Working On It
Badges or belts are not accounted in the circular progression indicator.
– Game Sounds not consistent in the main menu PlayStation 4 Working On It Xbox One Fixed in Next Patch
Sound in the main menu increases while navigating the control from one tab to another
– Game Crashes Fixed in Next Patch
Users are experiencing game crashes while on the search screen for multiplayer modes.
– Sprint Leaderboards Impossible Times Fixed in Next Patch
Leaderboards for the Sprint mode currently have values of impossible times (ex. 0:01 woo that’s fast!)
–Sprint Leaderboards Backwards Ranking Fixed in Next Patch
Leaderboards for Sprint mode are currently ranked from slowest to fastest.
– Battle and Battle Ultimate Team VS mode Fixed in Next Patch
Players are automatically receiving blocks twice.
Source: Ubisoft Forums