Wastelands Interactive have announced they are bringing PC strategy game Worlds of Magic to PlayStation 4, tentatively scheduled for release for Q3 2015.
The game is the first 4X title to hit the console and, for those of you who have no idea what 4X is, they have helpfully explained what it means.
The game, as a true spiritual successor of the classic Master of Magic, gets back to basics of the 4X genre allowing gamers to EXPLORE uniquely generated universes, EXPAND their empire by building armies, recruiting mercenaries, and founding or capturing cities, EXPLOIT resources and factions alike to increase their own power and finally EXTERMINATE their enemies using the tools of war, magical spells and diplomacy.
The game will be identical the PC version which has recently gone gold (the video is from an early build, I would expect it looks a bit better now), and will include the following features:
- 8 playable races (High Man, Unhallowed, Gray Elves, Draconians, Orcs, Dwarves, Dark Elves and Myrodants)
- 7 planes of existence to roam in a procedurally generated universe maps of up to 256×128 tiles (per plane)
- 3 gameplay modes (Domination, Battle, Hot Seat)
- Magic system with over 400 spells divided into 13 spell circles
- Over 10 terrain types
- Almost 30 world resources to exploit
- D20 battle combat mechanics
- Experience gaining units
- Over 80 military units
- Over 40 wandering and summon-able units
- Over 40 world features to explore and conquer
- 40 heroes and champions
- Tactical, strategic, and global spells to cast
- Powerful artifacts to create and equip your heroes with
- 13 pre-made Sorcerer Lords to choose from or a possibility to make your own
Source: Press release