The latest in the ever growing HD/Remake/Legacy game pile comes from Capcom with Mega Man 1-6 collected together in one big pack with bonus features.
Here is a list of the new features and content:
• Six classic games in one – Play a piece of video game history with the original six Mega Man
games and experience the origins of the classic series.
• 8-bit style with HD flair – The games retain their retro 8-bit style with an added HD finish, giving a crisp, clean look to the charming, classic sprites.
• Challenge remix mode for new and veteran players – The robust new Challenge Mode remixes gameplay from all six games for a new type of challenge. It provides both increasingly difficult trials for experienced players and also teaches newcomers to become familiar with the style of the games and tackle some of the trickier areas.
• Museum of the era – The Museum Mode features a massive repository of history and art collected from the era of the games in this collection. Take a look back at the history of Mega Man with loads of information, high-res art, concept pieces, sketches and more in the Museum.
• Developed with an all-new engine – Using the newly developed Eclipse Engine, Capcom and Digital Eclipse are able to archive these six pieces of video game history with faithful reproductions of the originals for a new generation of gamers.
• Leaderboards and video replays – Fans will be able to watch video replays of the top players on the leaderboards, showcasing a whole new generation of Mega Man talent!
The collection will be coming to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One this summer, legacy consoles don’t get a legacy collection it seems, and neither does PS Vita which is annoying. The 3DS will also get the collection but later in the year, and it will cost $14.99, so probably £12 or so in proper money.
Source: Press release