As a special treat, today’s Year According To podcast has two guests instead of one. The duo that joined me to discuss their 2015s consisted of Dontnod’s CEO, Oskar Guilbert, and Life is Strange’s Game Director, Michel Koch.
This episode is fairly heavily focussed on Life is Strange, a game I’m playing through myself right now, and we spent a fair amount of time discussing the differences between creating an episodic game and a stand alone title. We also plunged headlong into some of the praise, and criticism, the game has received.
It’s worth noting that we recorded this episode before the game won our Best Character and Outstanding Narrative Game of the Year awards, so that doesn’t come up. We did, however, chat about some of the other awards that Life is Strange has picked up, as well as the love from the title’s fans.
Beyond that we took the time to look to the future by discussing Vampyr, Dontnod’s next title, and the origins of the second internal team building it.
Finally, both Oskar and Michel picked out a few of their gaming highlights from 2015. Michel’s second choice is particularly interesting, so make sure you listen for that if nothing else.
- Please send us questions via email to podcasts[at]thesixthaxis.com.
- You can also tweet questions to @TSAPodcast.
This podcast features strong language, jokes in poor taste and adult themes, if you’re offended by that then we recommend that you don’t listen to it at all.
- As usual, you can grab the MP3 file here (right click to download).
- You might want to get it (when the RSS catches us) on the RSS feed, here.
- We’re on iTunes, when iTunes feels like updating. You can also leave us a review and subscribe there, if you want to be particularly lovely.
- We’ve launched ourselves on YouTube, with audio-only videos if that’s easier for you to access.
- Finally, the podcast now appears on Stitcher as well.
Get us on Twitter: