We’re only 5 days away from the release of Playstation VR. Who’s excited? Whether you’re going all-in or watching from the sidelines, this week could be a pretty important step in cementing VR into mainstream gaming.
In the News This Week
- The first three Uncharted games will be available separately in November for PS4
Good news if you missed one of the games but didn’t want to shell out for the whole collection. Which game would be your favourite?
- The ‘October Savings’ sale brings some bargains to the PS Store
Another month, another sale. There’s quite a few highlights in there two, have you picked up any bargains?
- Bethesda confirms that mod and 4k support is coming to Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PS4
Good news for PS4 owners, Sony and Bethesda have sorted out their little argument are we’ll see mods on PS4 later this month.
- For Honor drops split screen
“Split-screen [is] absolutely a key feature for us,” said creative director back in Jason Vandenberghe in 2015. Oops.
- The SNOW PS4 Beta begins on October 18th
But only if you pay for it, which as Tuffcub points out, is a little weird for a F2P title.
- Phil Spencer says some bad reviews are written for clicks
Not happy with someone giving Forza Horizon 3 a 4/10, Phil reckons it was just clickbait. Starman agrees, thinking some sites “give a game to a reviewer who dislikes the genre, so even if it’s the pinnacle of the genre it’ll still get a bad score”.
- Pokémon Sun & Moon starter evolutions unveiled
If Pokémon Go wetted your appetite for a fully-fledged Pokémon game, then Sun and Moon are just under a fortnight away!
- You’ll need to have Infinite Warfare in order to play Modern Warfare Remastered
And people were already a bit annoyed about not being able to buy MWR separately…
- A new Beyond Good & Evil game has been confirmed. Again.
- Check out Sony’s massive PlayStation VR FAQ
- Sony also detailed a number of non-gaming experiences and film services for PSVR
Fairly Big Poll
No, it’s not as big as Tuffcub’s occasionally Massive Poll, but it’s still fairly big. With PSVR being released on Thursday, we want to know if and when you’re planning on getting one?
Games in Review
It was quite a busy week, I’m sure you’ll agree, with plenty of VR games and a wide range of scores.
- PlayStation VR – No Score (but it’s pretty good!)
- Forza Horizon 3 – XBO, PC – 9/10
- Gears of War 4 – XBO, PC – 8/10
- Batman: Arkham VR – PSVR – 8/10
- Tumble VR – PSVR – 8/10
- Paper Mario: Color Splash – Wii U – 7/10
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood – PSVR – 7/10
- Playstation VR Worlds – PSVR – 7/10
- Mario Party Star Rush – Wii U – 6/10
- Aragami – PS4, PC – 6/10
- Zenith – PS4, XBO, PC – 4/10
- King’s Quest – Chapter Four – PS3, 360, PS4, XBO, PC – No Score
This Week’s Features
Dave kicked off his week with a look at how well the XCOM 2 console port fares. Although it’s clearly a game designed around PC, he calls it a “relatively reasonable alternative” if you’re PC isn’t up to spec. Another game PC gamers should be aware of by now is Civ VI. With solid foundations already in place, Dave says that “the signs are encouraging”.
It was a relatively quiet week for Stefan, as he only brought us one preview! However, it was for Dishonored 2, which is shaping up to be an absolute treat. If you enjoyed the first one, then chances are you’ll love this one.
Admittedly, Stefan did also put out a bunch of PSVR reviews, as well an unboxing video for the system. It got some interesting comments…
Elsewhere, Jim can’t stop playing Uncharted 4’s Bounty Hunter mode. It’s similar to COD’s Kill Confirmed mode, and Jim describes it as “easily the best addition to Uncharted 4’s multiplayer so far”.
Speaking of Call of Duty, he also loved playing the Modern Warfare Remastered’s campaign again, believing that the revival could see the game “easily standing shoulder to shoulder with 2016’s best online shooters.”
Finally, this week’s What We Played featured PlayStation VR, FIFA 17 & Gears Of War 4.
Mafia III Is Out, Here Is The Launch Trailer
The game was released yesterday, have you picked it up yet?
Dishonored 2’s Latest Trailer Is Focused On Escaping
As we heard in Tef’s preview, the game sounds and looks like great fun.
Check Out The Explosive Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Trailer
Lara’s changed a lot over the last two decades, and she’s also blown up a lot of things as you can see in this celebratory video.
EVE Valkyrie’s Launch Trailer Has Arrived
Ahead of it’s PSVR launch next week, you can check out some of the things you can get up to flying about in space.
It looks like it was a quiet week for most of you trophy hunters. That said, CR8ZYH0RSE managed to get the platinum for both Oceanhorn and Trine 3, as they now move onto Final Horizon.
Aside from that, a couple of you such as MrYd and TSBonyman have been working through this month’s PS+ offerings, while FIFA 17 has captured the attentions of Crazy_Del, DividSmythe, WaxBull and mclarenrob2.
A few of you also mentioned Mafia 3, but who do you think will get the fastest platinum?
The Week Ahead
With PSVR releasing on Thursday, and the tons of launch titles come alongside, it could be quite an expensive week for some of you!
In fact, there’s so many VR games, we’re going to split them off and have them separately. Here’s everything non-VR coming out this week:
- 100ft Robot Golf – PS4, PSVR – 10/10
- Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour – PS4, XBO, PC – 11/10
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration – PS4 – 11/10
- WWE 2K17 – PS4, XBO, PS3, X360, PC – 11/10
- Gears of War 4 – XBO, PC – 11/10
- Manual Samuel – PS4, XBO, PC – 11/10
- Mantis Burn Racing – PS4, XBO, PC – 12/10
- Shadow Warrior 2 – PC – 13/10
- Dragon Quest Builders – PS4, PS Vita – 14/10
And now the list of all the PSVR launch titles, which will hit the shelves alongside the hardware on 13th October.
- 100ft Robot Golf – PSVR and PS4
- Ace Banana
- The Assembly
- Batman: Arkham VR
- Driveclub VR
- EVE: Gunjack
- EVE: Valkyrie
- Harmonix Music VR
- Here They Lie
- Hustle Kings VR
- Job Simulator
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
- Loading Human
- PlayStation VR Worlds
- RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: Blood Ties DLC – Free in 20 Year Celebration
- Rez Infinite – PSVR and PS4
- Rollercoaster Dreams – PSVR and PS4
- Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing – Free DLC
- Super Stardust Ultra VR
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
- Wayward Sky
- World War Toons
Enjoy your weekend, and I’ll see you again soon!