Bethesda has confirmed that mods are now available for Fallout 4 on PS4 through update 1.8, however there is a 1GB limit imposed for the mod content PS4 players can have. PS4 players will also not have access to mods that use external assets, limited to those that are already found within Fallout 4. Players can create their own mods using the Fallout 4 assets through the Creation Kit which can be downloaded from this link here.
Along with mod support there have been other optimisations with the full patch list below.
- General optimizations and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue in which some sound effects would not persist after reloading in an area
- Resolved an occasional crash when exiting to the Main Menu, and trying to start a New Game
- Fixed an issues with spaces in Mods search queries
- Cannot rate “WIP” Work in Progress Mods, and Mods can now only be rated after they have been downloaded
- Doubled the amount of browse-able tiles in the Mods menu
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when a Mod had an unexpected data structure
- Fixed an issue in which Library and/or Favorite Mods categories would not display correctly in specific situations
- Fixed an issue in which some Mods images would not load when scrolling quickly
- A Sentry Bot firing dual Gatling Lasers will no longer cause the audio to cut out