LittleBigPlanet 3 is getting a hefty 1.32gb update taking the game up to version 1.25 and it is scheduled to go live on Friday March 17th at 12:01am GMT. Now I know what you’re thinking, what’s so special about that? Well you can pre-load the update, it will be fed out your PlayStation 4 over the next few days and then will auto install an everyone’s machines on Friday.
“That’s a new thing! You can download the update early and install it at that time when the new update officially launches!” tweeted LBP.
Here’s a list of the new features in the update:
New Feature – Genres
Genres arrive to LittleBigPlanet and can be located under the Community menu from your Pod Computer.
Selecting this new option will take you a familiar looking menu that has replaced all your classic community categories with a range of 23 different genres including:
- 1st and 3rd Person
- Platform Shooters
- Stylised Platformers
- Survival Challenges
- Time Trials
- Vehicle Shooters
- With the arrival of the new Genres, we have added a new range of genre-defining Labels that Creators can add to their published creations or Reviewers can select as a recommended Label to describe the level.
- These new Labels have also been added to the Filters menu that can be displayed by pressing R3 in any Community Category under either Genres or Recommended to allow you to Filter for community levels that have your chosen Label as one of its most selected Labels to describe the level.
New Feature – Online Connection Quality Display
The Host Player of an Online Multiplayer session can now view the Connection Quality of other players within the Manage Players screen of the Pause Menu or by pressing R3 during gameplay.
A player’s connection rating will be displayed as such:
- Three Green Dots = Good Connection
- Two Amber Dots = Okay Connection
- One Red Dot = Bad Connection
Improved Community Browsing
A number of improvements have been made to the in-game Community menus to reduce the number of instances where slowdown or lag may occur when browsing Community Levels.
You may notice that the scroll speed between categories on the main Recommended and Genre menus has been reduced slightly. This is intentional to prevent the game from trying to download too much data at once and is amongst the changes that we have implemented to help optimize the overall experience.
The other changes are more behind-the-scenes and should be less noticeable other than these combined changes should help to reduce the number instances of slowdown and lag.