A great big new update for Monster Hunter World has been released, bringing with it the first new monster to the game and a bevy of changes, fixes and improvements to the game.
The main addition is Deviljho, a very weird looking new monster. Hunting it is part of a new Food Chan Dominator assignment, but it cna appear and invade six star, seven star and high rank expeditions. It brings with it new Deviljho weapons, Vangis α and β armour sets, and a Dragonpoof Mantle tool.
They’ve also redressed the balance of practically every weapon, made it so you can kick someone from the player list and added anti-griefing measures for when you’re carving.
Looking to the future, Capcom also announced the Spring Blossom Fest, which is the game’s first seasonal event and will run from 6th – 19th April. During this time, the Gathering Hub will be made all pretty and blossomed, previous event quests will return and Lucky Vouchers increase to two per login. It looks cute as anything.
Here’s the rest of the patch notes for the 2.00 update:
Monster Hunter World 2.00
Major Gameplay Feature Additions and Changes
- Optimized data processing to reduce loading times.
- Added the feature “Kick from Online Session” to the player list.
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest.
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
- In the “Online Session” menu, the name for the menu command “Squad Session Search” was changed to “Create/Search for a Squad Session” (the functionality is unchanged).
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Slightly reduced the amount that the Scoutfly Level (which is tied to monster research levels) gauge decreases after each quest.
- Added the game version number to the game’s title screen (for this update—PS4: 2.00; Xbox One: 22.214.171.124).
For the purposes of event organization, the three challenge quests which will be used as qualifiers for the “Monster Hunter: World—Monster Hunter Championship 2018” (held in Japan) will not be visible in the public rankings.
Game Balance Adjustments
|Great Sword||Charged Slash II — Damage increased.|
|Charged Slash III — Damage increased.|
|Strong Charged Slash II — Damage increased.|
|Strong Charged Slash III — Damage increased.|
|Long Sword||Foresight Slash — Time window to successfully trigger increased.|
|Foresight Slash — Hitbox to successfully trigger increased.|
|Foresight Slash — Damage hitbox increased.|
|Foresight Slash — Increased the angle that the player can control the direction of the attack.|
|Spirit Helm Breaker — (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.|
|Sword & Shield||Roundslash — Damage increased.|
|Wedge beetles can now be used when using the slinger with your weapon drawn.|
|Hammer||Charge Tier 2 — Charged Upswing stun values increased.|
|Charge Tier 2 — Charged Brutal Upswing stun values increased.|
|Charge Tier 3 — Charged Big Bang stun values increased.|
|Hunting Horn||The Encore effect for the Self-Improvement melody now also increases your attack power (the effect is now “Attack Up + Deflected Attack Prevention”).|
|Gunlance||Shelling — Damage parameters increased when sharpness is yellow or worse.|
|Sharpness loss alleviated for all Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern’s Fire attacks.|
|Wyrmstake Cannon — Damage increased.|
|Wyvern’s Fire — Damage increased.|
|Switch Axe||Zero Sum Discharge — Level 4 Earplugs effect during use.|
|It is now possible to chain the beginning of Sword: Jumping Element Discharge into Zero Sum Discharge.|
|Zero Sum Discharge Finisher — Damaged increased.|
|Mounted Discharge Finisher — No longer causes sharpness loss.|
|Zero Sum Discharge — (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.|
|Charge Blade||Impact Phials — Attack power bonuses from effects other than that of the Artillery skill (for the explosions) were decreased.|
|Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Stun values decreased for Impact Phials.|
|Phial stun values increased for all attacks other than Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge.|
|Elemental values increased for Power Element Phials.|
|Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Power Element Phial explosions spaced closer together to make them easier to hit.|
|Insect Glaive||Improved the effect of the attack power increase for red/white and red/white/orange extract hybrid effects.|
|Extract effect times increased overall.|
|Extract effect times no longer decrease while mounting a monster.|
|Lance||Counter-thrust — Temporary knockback negation during a successful counter-thrust.|
|Dual Blades||Demon Gauge — Can now be increased by Demon Mode roundslashes and Demon Flurry Rush.|
|Demon Mode — Fixed a bug where you could not cancel Demon Mode when transitioning from a Demon Dodge.|
|Bow||Dashing Shot — Fixed a bug where the Spread/Power Shots skill effect was applied twice.|
|Dragon Piercer — Fixed a bug where you could shoot past the attack’s angle limitations. Now shoots straight ahead of the player, regardless of the camera angle, when shot with the camera angle past the attack’s angle limitations.|
Charm Name Changes
- Trickshot Charm I -> Special Shot Charm I
- Trickshot Charm II -> Special Shot Charm II
- Fixed a bug where the game would forcibly shut down if the total number of different types of decorations in your item box and the number of decorations equipped to your armor exceeds 200.
- (Asian Version Only) In Korean, each monster’s introductory name display in cutscenes has been changed to show both the shortened version and the normal version.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Source: Monster Hunter