Love is very much in the air for Apex Legends, with millions upon millions of people diving into the hot new Battle Royale game. Respawn are looking to heat things up a little further with a patch that both adds a few Valentine’s Day cosmetics and brings a relatively small list of fixes to an otherwise stellar initial release.
In terms of fixes, a few points on the map you could fall through have been covered up, a couple of game crashes have been fixed, and that’s really about it. It will take a bit longer for Respawn to bring things like more in depth stat tracking. Meanwhile, the cosmetics – a Through the Heart Longbow skin and Love of the Game Pathfinder banner frame – will be available to buy from 2AM GMT tonight until 19th February, and if you revive a squad member in a game during this window, you’ll earn a Live Die Live banner badge.
Here’s the snappily titled Apex Legends 2.13.2019 Preseason Patch Notes 01:
VALENTINES DAYS – Store items will be available starting at 6pm PST on 2/13.
- Added “Live Die Live” Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- “Love of the Game” Pathfinder banner frame
STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PLAYSTATION PLUS PLAY PACK
- Art updated for the Playstation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.