One of the PS4’s best racing titles Driveclub has now entered its twilight year with Sony confirming that the game’s servers, will be shut down on March 31st 2020. This shutdown also affects Driveclub VR and Driveclub Bikes. In addition to this announcement, Sony also revealed that all the games, DLC and season passes will be removed from sale on August 31st 2019.
To confirm what you will and won’t be able to do post-shutdown there is a handy list below.
You will not be able to:
- Use your season pass online.
- Represent your Club online in multiplayer events or tours.
- Play online multiplayer and compete in challenges.
- Create your own events.
- Compete in leader boards, or share stats and player progress.
You will be able to:
- Use your season pass on all single player and offline modes.
- Continue to play all game (DC, DC VR and DC Bikes) and DLC single player functionality in offline mode.
- Earn trophies in single player / offline mode.
Driveclub had a troubled start when it first released with server problems and content issues. While the game eventually became a very good racing title it wasn’t enough to save Evolution Studios from closure. If you’ve enjoyed playing Driveclub online then you’ve got one year left before it all ends.