Prepare to hog the broadband tonight if you are the owner of Days Gone as a new patch has gone live and it’s a rather hefty 13gb. As it’s a rather chunky patch you’d expect quite a few changes but that does not seem to be the case, here’s the official patch notes from Reddit.
- Fixed the issue involving some of the “Marauder Camp Hunter” storyline side-missions
- Improved lighting for the boss fight in the Crater Lake area
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes
Wow. Exciting stuff I am sure you will agree. If you check the update notes on your console then there’s a little more detail.
- Fixed Progression Issues.
- Added fixes for crashing issues with Days Gone 1.09.
- Added stuttering and lag fixes.
- Days Gone 1.09 fixed framerate drop issues.
- Various performance and stability improvements.
- Added fixes for glitches with Days Gone version 1.09.
- Added minor bug fixes and changes.
Not sure why that lot is 13gb, but that’s what you’re going to have to download.
Days Gone had mixed reviews, we gave it 6/10. “There are glimmers of true excellence here; small stretches of Days Gone can be especially fun and polished,” commented out reviewer, Jim. “However, the assembly of these various parts suffers from the lack of an engaging story, compelling characters, or an open world that feels organic and worth exploring.” You can read our Days Gone review here.
Despite those mixed reviews the game has topped the UK charts for a number of weeks and has sold really well over in Japan.In just two weeks it has racked up sales of nearly 150,000 units, beating the lifetime sales of God of War. It’s also beaten the lifetime sales of Detroit: Become Human and The Last Guardian, and well on the way to thrashing the lifetime sales of Uncharted 4: Among Thieves, which stand at a little over 200,000 units.