GreedFall’s first major update has dropped for PC and is due to make landfall soon for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, bringing a bunch of fixes and tweaks to quests, adding camera options and more.
The latest RPG from Spiders – again, they’re a French game developer and not just a writhing mass of arachnids – GreedFall launched early last month, with an intriguing colonial era fantasy world to explore. While its story was ambitious, it might have lacked a little something in how it was executed – catch our GreedFall review. Some of the rougher edges ought to now be buffed away.
— GreedFall (@greedfall) October 2, 2019
The update is now live for PC and is due to arrive “soon” for PS4 and Xbox One. Reportedly this will be tomorrow, labelled as update 1.03.
Here’s the patch notes for update 1 on PC,
- The size of subtitles can now be changed.
- Camera bobbing rectified: players will have more control over the camera.
- Invert X-Axis option added.
- Several quests have been fixed, among them…
- The quest « The Prince’s Secret », unlocks as intended.
- Trials of Water can now be continued as intended (this issue was based on “The Prince’s Secret” not unlocking properly).
- Vasco’s first personal quest now works properly.
- The Seeds will unlock the sanctuary during the main quest.
- The black box can now be properly opened after following Ruben.
- The Chinese, Portuguese, Polish, and Russian localizations have been improved thanks to players’ feedback.
- Both French and English localizations have received several corrections.
- The mage skill “Ranged Shadow Impact” has been modified.
- Some aggro areas have been improved.
- Keyboard binding issue is now debugged: most key bindings should be working properly from now on.
- The trophy ‘Curiosity Cabinet” is now fixed.
- Some crashes have been dealt with.
- A musical fade-out was added in an important death cutscene.
- The camera has been moved to offer a better view of the scene during some quest dialogues.