With Typhoon Hagibis throwing a spanner in the works for both the Rugby World Cup and Formula 1, I’m sure you’re looking for something else to occupy your time, and it’s the perfect excuse to catch up on your backlog or maybe try out one of the latest releases. Obviously the safety of everyone is paramount, but there’s been a lot of chat about the contingency planning (or lack of).
Here at TSA Towers, it was an exceptionally busy week, from the PS5 reveal to the plethora of reviews, so let’s get started!
In the News This Week
- Sony reveal the PlayStation 5’s name, DualShock haptic triggers, and a Christmas 2020 release
- New patents appear to show the next generation of PlayStation VR for PS5
- Blizzard faces backlash for firing casters and banning Hearthstone player over Hong Kong support
- Google Stadia to be “faster and more responsive” than local gaming, but there’s a catch
- Xbox corporate VP Mike Ybarra has left Microsoft after two decades
- Nintendo Switch passes 10 million sales in Europe
- Surviving the Aftermath announced, an apocalyptic sequel to Surviving Mars
- PUBG Lite released in Europe – a free-to-play battle royale for low powered PCs
- Mortal Kombat 11 free trial taking place this weekend
- Sony are holding a big PlayStation VR sale, up to 60% off select games
Games in Review
As I said, it was an absolute monster week for the reviews, I don’t think we’ve had this many in quite some time!
- Indivisible – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 8/10
- Concrete Genie – PS4 – 8/10
- Killer Queen Black – XBO, PC, Switch – 8/10
- Thrustmaster eSwap PS4 Pro Controller – Hardware – 8/10
- Wanderlust: Travel Stories – PC, Mac, iOS – 8/10
- What The Golf – PC, iOS – 8/10
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- GRID – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- John Wick Hex – PC, Mac – 7/10
- Habroxia – PS4, Vita, Switch – 5/10
- FIFA 20 Legacy Edition – Switch – 4/10
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint – PS4, XBO, PC – 4/10
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – PS4, XBO, PC – Week 2 Review in Progress
(Reviewed platform in bold)
This Week’s Features
With a whopping 15 reviews this week, it won’t come as a surprise to you that there was only time to squeeze in one preview! Stefan took a look at Star Renegades, which is a game that’s a mix of genres yet is “shaping up to be an indie highlight for next year.” He also spoke to Mike Bithell about the making of John Wick Hex, while Jim dug into just what it is that’s made Ghost Recon Breakpoint a disappointment.
Other than that, What We Played featured Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Borderlands 3.
It looks like it was a quiet week for the community:
- MrYd was tempted by the sales, picking up Table of Tales and Hitman 2, and also preyed on some newbies in Honor and Duty: D-Day’s new Battle Royale mode.
- TSBonyman revisited Uncharted 4 as well as Bloodborne for the Halloween events, and also hit the sales, adding Pixeljunk Shooter and Megaton Rainfall to his backlog.
The Week Ahead
And last up, here’s what to expect this coming week:
- The Eyes of Ara – Switch – 15/10
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition – Switch – 15/10
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Complete Edition – PS4, PC – 17/10
- Stranded Sails – Explorers of the Cursed Islands – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 17/10
- Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville – PS4, XBO, PC – 18/10
That’s it for this week, I’ll see you again soon!