With the cinematic release of Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker, EA and DICE are closing out the year with a huge triple XP event for Battlefront II.
Drop into an online now and you’ll receive three times the amount of experience points from all modes. Aside from helping with the “The Force Is Strong With This One” trophy and achievement (which requires an XP rank of 50) you’ll also level up your various units, heroes, and starfighters at an accelerated speed, meaning quicker Star Card unlocks and more loadout options to experiment with!
The event is now live and will run for two weeks over the Christmas period and into the new year, ending on January 6th, 2020.
New content inspired by the latest Star Wars film is making its way into the game. Several new soldier classes were recently added with a bonus planet and two heroes (BB-8 and BB-9E) soon to make their debut among the Resistance and First Order armies.
Earlier this month, DICE also revealed a new version of the game dubbed “Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition”. It crams in a ton of bonus content, EA no doubt hoping to see a nice bump in sales thanks to buzz surrounding The Rise of Skywalker.
It’s worth mentioning that this bonus content doesn’t impact gameplay, instead giving Star Wars fans an extensive wardrobe of costumes for their units and heroes. Here’s what you’ll get with the Celebration Edition:
- Base Game (Including all past and future free game updates as they release)
- More than 25 Hero Appearances ○ Including six Legendary Appearances, plus one Appearance each for Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, coming December 20
- More than 125 Trooper and Reinforcement Appearances
- More than 100 Hero and Trooper Emotes and Voice Lines
- More than 70 Hero and Trooper Victory Poses
If you haven’t touched Battlefront II since it first launched then now is definitely the best time to jump back on board. The past two years have seen numerous free expansions including singleplayer story DLC and content inspired by the Clone Wars saga.