UPDATE: There were last minute hiccups. Destiny is offline, for more click here.
Baring any last minute hiccups Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199 should be available to download on all platforms at 5pm GMT today, Tuesday 11th February.
Here’s the timetable of events, remember that UTC is the same as GMT at present.
- 8:00 AM PST (1600 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance will begin. Players may experience sign-on issues during maintenance.
- 8:45 AM (1645 UTC): Players will be removed from activities and will be unable to log in until 9 AM.
- 9:00 AM (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Hotfix 188.8.131.52 will be released and players will be able to log in.
- 10:00 AM (1900 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance will end.
Bungie have now released the full patch note.
DESTINY 2 HOTFIX 184.108.40.206.
- Added a Triumph to track Iron Banner Packages earned in Season 9. This will retroactively count all packages already earned this season.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Efrideet’s Gift Triumph from completing when players earned 50 Iron Banner packages in Season 9. This is retroactiveGambit
- Fixed an issue where resetting your Infamy rank could reset progress on the “Get Closer” pursuit. This is retroactive, and will auto-complete for any players that has already been above Mythic this season.
Fixed an issue where Solar Class emotes were incorrectly priced. Emotes will now be correctly priced at 500 Silver, and the carousel will be visible once more.
One thing that is not fixed, but many players including myself have noticed, is that loading in to the Tower now takes much longer. The game seems to be setting up a new instance of the Tower and adding in eighteen or so players all at once. That slows down the loading process and what used to take thirty seconds can now take there or four minutes. Bungie are aware of the issue and are investigating.
When the game comes back online the Crimson Days event should have started.
Crimson Doubles returns to the Crucible during the event, bringing explosive 2v2 combat to the fold. Stay close to your partner: you’ll each have heightened ability regen as long as you retain your Crimson Bond. If you stray too far away from each other, opponents will be able to see your every move. If you’d rather take your partner out for a stroll in one of Destiny 2’s PvE activities, Shaxx will offer bounties for you to complete in a two-person fireteam.
As you complete Crimson Doubles matches and bounties, you and your partner will be showered in delicious candy hearts. To sweeten the deal, Daily and Weekly bounties will offer double XP. Bright Dust will also be rewarded when completing your weekly bounties.
As you begin to stockpile Confectionary Hearts, they can be exchanged with Lord Shaxx for Crimson Days themed rewards, including two new Exotic Sparrows. Ride in tandem to show the strength of your Crimson Bond!
Rather amazingly Bungie have already listed some known issues with the event.
- Players will be unable to accept Lord Shaxx’s “Fire of the Crimson Days” emblem if they already have this emblem in their inventory. Deleting the emblem will allow them to accept the new one and complete the “Welcome to the Crimson Days” Milestone.
- Players who are removed from a match and rejoin will not be able to respawn until the current round ends. These player will see “Waiting for Ally to Revive” for the remaining duration of the round.
- Crimson Days bounties do not advance the Crucible Bounty Vendor Challenge.