Yacht Club Games has revealed a brand new Shovel Knight game and it s a bit different from the Knight’s previous outing. Working with VINE the teams have come up with Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon which mixes elements of roguelike and puzzle games similar to Tetris and Candy Crush going by the trailer. Players appear to control Shovel Knight who ventures through these puzzle dungeons to move blocks and fight enemies. It is definitely a unique approach to the series that VINE has come up with.
Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon will feature head to head multiplayer alongside a single player campaign. Russell Rafferty of VINE had this to say about the new collaboration:
“Working with Yacht Club has helped us to leverage resources we wouldn’t have access to otherwise, and helped get the game in front of more people. It’s fun to add to the mythos of Shovel Knight, too.”
Meanwhile, Sean Valesco of Yacht Club Games said:
“By working together with great devs on new Shovel Knight games, we get many different creative perspectives and cool new designs that push the boundaries of the Shovel Knight Universe! It’s been thrilling to see Pocket Dungeon progress, and we can’t wait to see where Shovel Knight goes next.”
Here are some further details given by Yacht Club Games about Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon:
- Enter a world of falling block puzzle games, with a dungeon-crawling twist! An all-new hybrid that’s never been seen before.
- Bump into enemies to battle them and trade damage in a unique combat system. Group foes together for massive chain attacks while grabbing keys, power-ups, and potions to refill your health!
- A bold new visual style complements a new story. Learn the ropes from your pal Puzzle Knight as you attempt to escape the mysterious Pocket Dungeon. Shovel Knight’s signature storytelling and humor are on full display!
- Take control of more than 10 of your favorite heroes from the Shovel Knight universe, each with a unique power and play style.
- Equip yourself on the fly with a treasure trove of items and equipment. Mix and match your loadout to prepare for any encounter.
- Play in a variety of ways with Story Mode, 2 player competitive Versus Mode, and much more.
- Another incomparable soundtrack in a new style by astonishing virtuoso Jake Kaufman!
Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon has so far been confirmed for PS4, and Switch. A release date is to be confirmed.
Source: Yacht Club Games