THQ and developer Bugbear Entertainment have unleashed a sizeable new update for car-crushing racing hit, Wreckfest.
Launching alongside the game’s latest DLC car pack, Tournament Mode adds a whole new way to play with regular challenges and rewards. If you’ve been wanting to take some of Wreckfest’s premium DLC cars for a spin then these challenges will offer a test drive.
There’s a five minute video to talk fans through the new mode and it’s a… fun watch.
Here exactly what to expect from today’s Tournament Mode update:
- Introducing daily, weekly, and monthly challenges, each at a different reward tier (daily=low, weekly=mid, monthly=high)
- None of these challenges need longer than 5 to 10 minutes of your time
- Keep doing said challenges (daily, weekly, monthly) to increase your “fame” for exclusive in-game loot (a unique vehicle, car skins, vanity items and other cosmetic items)
- Even if you do not own a DLC car, but you need it for one of the challenges: no problem and we got you covered, as you can use all DLC cars just for the challenge without having to buy the DLC.
- Think of it as a testdrive where the condition in which you return the vehicle does not matter much.
- Tournament mode will bring you FOUR new race modes, with new modes releasing every month.
- Rumble Race: more or less a typical racing event on a track
- Score Streak: derby mode, cause as much damage as possible to gain score
- Rampage Rush Derby: Wreck as many as you can or as quickly as you can
- Rampage Rush Race: Wreck as many as you can or as quickly as you can
- Further modes will be added in the following months.
In our review of Wreckfest’s console version last year, Thomas awarded the game an incredible 9/10, stating:
Wreckfest is a surprising triumph in blending the best that sim and arcade racers have to offer in an explosive and visually gratifying package. A few visual issues and overly aggressive AI do little to spoil one of the best driving games of 2019.
Source: Press Release