A new update has been released for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order to celebrate Star Wars Day. It is a significant update by Respawn Entertainment that adds New Journey Plus meaning players can play through the story mode again with all the skills they unlocked previously. Along with this, there are Meditation Training game modes that will be available through meditation points. This will also only be accessible in New Journey Plus.
The first part of Meditation Training is Combat Challenges. Combat Challenges is a wave-based mode in which Cal will face off against different scenarios with each scenario having its own unique aims. The challenges have been created to test veteran players so this will not be an easy task to clear them. Cal will go into each challenge with the skills that have been unlocked so if you attempt to go in without many abilities then you will have a tough time. There are 12 challenges and each one will be ranked out of three stars. The second part of Meditation Training is the Battle Grid. This mode is described more as a sandbox mode in which players can create their own scenarios. Players can select where they want the scenario to take place, how many enemies they want to face, the difficulty which includes modifiers that can be changed. There are some enemies that players encountered during visions in the main campaign, but we won’t say to avoid spoilers. In addition, a red kyber crystal will be added as well so you can have a red lightsaber along with a new outfit for Cal that you would have seen in the final leg of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
The full release notes are below which does contain a couple of minor spoilers so avoid if you want to.
- New Journey + added
- Unlocked after beating the game
- All cosmetic unlocks are carried over
- All lightsaber colours are available from the start
- Exclusive dark side-themed cosmetics available in NJ+
- Inquisitor uniform
- Protection and Defence I & II lightsaber parts
- Red kyber crystal
- Meditation Training game modes added as part of NJ+
- Combat Challenges
- Wave-based game modes to fight against preset enemies
- Battle Grid
- Sandbox-style game mode for players to make their own encounters
- Cosmetic rewards for BD-1
- Combat Challenges
- Button-mashing quick-time events can now be skipped
- Needing to hold the Climb button can now be disabled
- Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press
- Text size scaling options have been added
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- Improved transitions between parry and block animations
- The Bog Rats on Bogano were sometimes floating. They should now be more grounded.
- Improved the transitions into and out of jumping and double jumping
- Fixed the issue where Cal could get stuck in an endless falling loop during air attacks
- Fixed the issue that would prevent Cal from progressing his journey when a Bounty Hunter would show up
- Improved overall responsiveness of gameplay and the reliability of actions based on player feedback