Ubisoft have released their newest mid-season update for the hugely popular Rainbow Six Siege. This latest patch – now available for PC players – brings a raft of fresh changes to the tactical Tom Clancy shooter including bug fixes, gameplay features, and of course, a new wave of Operator balancing.
The latest Rainbow Six Siege is now available to download and install. Note that you will need to do this first before you’re about to log into the game and start playing. For those playing R6 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, this update will be coming later in the week so hold tight!
Key changes for the Rainbow Six Siege Y5S2.3 update include minor buffs for Operators Gridlock, Oryx, and Fuze. Gridlock’s Caltrop gadget has been improved along with Oryx’s dash ability, while Fuze now has 4 cluster charges as opposed to 3.
Operator balancing is a constant labour with teams at Ubisoft poring over a steady barrage of pick/ban and player data. For a more detailed breakdown of the decisions behind these reworks, you can check the Designer’s Notes for yourselves.
In the meantime, you can view the latest patch notes below. Rainbow Six Siege is currently in its second season of Year 5 (Y5S2) dubbed Operation: Steel Wave. It introduced two new Operators, ACE and Melusi, alongside a map rework of House and other features.
Rainbow Six Siege Y5S2.3 Update Patch Notes
Some updates to the notifications system to help make future popups less spammy.
After August 11, 2020, 2-Step Verification will be mandatory for ranked on PC in APAC. If you have not activated 2SV prior to this date you will be locked out of the Ranked queue until 2SV is activated on your account.
Go activate 2SV under the account management section at https://account.ubisoft.com!
For more information on balancing changes, see our Designer’s Notes.
If you’ve ever stepped on a Lego…this hurts worse.
By making her gadget a bit more enjoyable to use, we’re looking to make Gridlock players’ lives a bit easier.
- Lowered Gridlock’s Caltrop deployment time to 9s (down from 13s).
- Lowered the individual Caltrops deployment time to 0.45s (down from 0.7s).
- Lowered the range of random deploy variation to 0.05s (down from 0.1s).
- Added a delay of 0.45s before the deployment sequence starts (previously no delay).
The Rainbow 🐐 has goat to dash.
We want to let Oryx make more use of his dash, and added mobility and durability will hopefully make him a bit more fun to play.
- Using his dash through a soft wall will not deplete all the dash charges.
- Increased Dash refresh time to 12s (up from 8s).
- Dash recovery time for all dashes is now 0.5s. (Previous recovery times: soft wall = 1s, enemy = 0.7s).
Hide the hostages!
Giving Fuze a bit more presence and utility with an additional charge.
- Increased the number of cluster charges to 4 (up from 3)
To maintain consistency with softwall interactions, we’re giving enemies that are pushed through walls the same feedback as when Oryx dashes through them.
- When pushed through a wall by Nomad’s airjabs or Oryx’s dash, players will receive the same feedback and rtake the same damage (5 hp) as when Oryx dashes through a soft wall.
- FIXED – Missing anchoring decals from Ace’s SELMA.
- FIXED – Ace’s SELMA can get stuck when thrown in a certain way at some beams, becoming unrecoverable.
- FIXED – While grappling through a window or hatch, Amaru can aim faster with her LMG if she times her sprint and ADS buttons just prior to landing.
- FIXED – IQ’s gadget will not display the outline and distance of Melusi’s Banshees.
- FIXED – Zofia’s concussion grenades are impacted by external explosions and can bounce away from the target location.
- FIXED – Flattening the doorframes and windows on all maps.
- FIXED – Floating and indestructible wooden squares after destroying some walls on Yacht.
- FIXED – Gunshot sounds are muffled when shooting from inside 1F Technical Seating of Plane.
- FIXED – Various menu/UI fixes.
- FIXED – Various cosmetics fixes.
- FIXED – Various Lighting issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various shop visual and cosmetic fixes.
- FIXED – (PvE) Interaction between Ace’s gadget and AI.