Season 6 of Apex Legends is now live, bringing with it a whole new character, major changes to one of the game’s two maps, a fresh twist on the looting gameplay and, best of all… patch notes!
The new character is Ramya ‘Rampart’ Parekh, a British Indian private business owner who brings modded shields and her minigun named Sheila to the Outlands. Her passive ability gives her increased magazine capacity and faster reloads with LMGs and her minigun, and longer overheat times with the L-STAR. Her tactical Amped Cover ability lets her place crouch-cover walls that amp up outgoing shots. Finally, her ultimate is the Emplaced Minigun “Shiela” lets her place a mounted machine gun that anyone can use, with up to 3 miniguns to be deployed at once.
World’s Edge has been updated with the thematic tage over by Hammond Robotics continuing. This has made changes to the Dome, Drill Site and some other points of interest, including the removal of the train that previously ran around the map.
The gameplay will also be shifted by the introduction of crafting. You can find materials at loot bins and material stations, and then take these to a Replicator that give you a choice of eight pieces of loot to craft, so long as you have enough materials. Loot rotates on a weekly or daily basis.
There’s also the new energy-based Volt SMG, changes to the Armour Meta, an increase to the Mozambique magazine size, and plenty more.
Here’s the rest of the patch notes detailing the changes in Apex Legends Season 6.
Apex Legends Season 6 patch notes
With Season 6, we’re introducing some big changes to the way armor works in the game.
First off, all armor in the game is Evo Armor (except the Gold Armor).
When you find a white, blue or purple armor on the ground, it’s a pre-leveled Evo Armor. It can be picked up like normal, and continue to be evolved. Red Armor is not in the ground loot and can only be achieved through evolving.
Gold Armor is not part of the Evo Armor track, and is only found in rare locations as usual.
Another interesting change is that players spawn with level 0 Evo Armor. If you get in gun fights right away, and do enough damage, you will automatically level up into a White Armor. And you can continue to take that all the way to Red.
We think this will really help with loot availability in the early game, without requiring players to drop hot when they don’t want to.
With all the changes in Season 6, players now have the opportunity to level up their shields through damage, luck in ground loot, or through crafting!
The last big differences is that all Armor is coming down by 25 health. This means, players with Purple and Gold Armor have 175 health, not 200. Red Armor gets you to 200 health, and you can no longer get to 225.
Our goal for this is to bring down the TTK (time to kill) a bit in order to better reward strategic positioning.
New Damage Requirements:
Damage to white: 50
Damage to blue: 125
Damage to purple: 250
Damage to red: 500
Holo sprays are a new way to emote in the arena. By using the Emote wheel, you can throw down these legend specific calling cards to taunt bested enemies, or warn future challengers that you’re not to be messed with.
This season’s battle pass includes the reactive Supersonic G7, Bloodhound Road Warrior, 5 new holo sprays, new skydive emotes, weapon charms and more!
Follow the story from the Season 5 Quest, now in full color, illustrated comics!
Collect Treasure Packs daily to earn your rewards including Crafting Metals, Challenge Points, Apex Packs, and a whole new suite of Gun Charms.
This patch, we’re taking a look at the recon class. A class built around information gathering should be powerful in a BR where knowing where the enemy is is often the difference between life and death, but out of the three Legends in the recon class (Pathfinder, Crypto, and Bloodhound), one dominates in terms of in-game performance. (It’s the robot. The robot dominates.)
In this patch, we’re mostly buffing Bloodhound as they needed the help the most. Crypto’s changes are a mixed bag as we also found one bug we had to fix that was giving Crypto a hidden advantage (TLDR: sometimes when you thought you were hitting the drone, you weren’t really hitting the drone). Between the buffs to Bloodhound’s ult and the new utility Crypto gains on his drone, we hope to see a more diverse field of recon legends in game.
- All Recon legends (Bloodhound, Crypto, and Pathfinder) can now use Survey Beacons to get the next ring location. Crypto can use his drone to instantly get this information.
- Context: Giving all Recon legends access to survey beacons makes Pathfinder less unique, and obviously we don’t love that. For now, we’re giving our friendly robot a small buff to his ultimate cooldown when he uses a survey beacon, but in the future we will take another look at Pathfinder to see what else we could do to make him feel more unique.
- Passive: Each time Pathfinder scans a survey beacon, the total cooldown of Zipline Gun is reduced.
- Numbers: Zipline Gun cooldown reduced by 10s each time Pathfinder scans a beacon. Up to 6 rings per game means the total cooldown of Zipline Gun can go from 120s to 60s.
- Context: Bloodhound fulfills a very clear role in Apex Legends: they’re the information gatherer and tracker, but currently their performance leaves a lot to be desired. In this patch, we wanted to double down on their ultimate being their big moment of becoming a god-like tracker. Bloodhound already gives up some information to the enemy when they scan or use the ultimate (it makes a noticeable sound), so we think there is room for a lot more power during the ultimate.
- Beast of the Hunt: Now gains even more duration when Bloodhound scores a knockdown or kill with the ultimate about to run out.
- Eye of the Allfather: During Beast of the Hunt, Eye of the Allfather now comes out twice as fast and has a much shorter cooldown.
- Beast of the Hunt duration extension 5s → [5s – 15s] based on remaining duration
- Eye of the Allfather CD during Beast of the Hunt: 25s → 6s
- Eye of the Allfather total use time during Beast of the Hunt: 1.8s → 0.9s
- Context: Crypto is a particularly interesting recon character: the amount of information he can gather for his team with the drone is very high, but the fact that he has to switch over to his drone leaves him vulnerable and often at a great distance from his team. Because he has no abilities without his drone, we figure there’s room for even more power when he’s in his drone.
- Surveillance drone:
- Crypto can now activate respawn and survey beacons from his drone. Doing so is instant instead of requiring a prolonged use.
- Made the surveillance drone slightly more consistent to hit but also doubled its hitpoints.
- Drone EMP:
- EMP will now slow teammates caught in the blast, even if they had no shields. This means that players who have used Revenant’s Death Totem will also be slowed.
- Surveillance Drone 30HP → 60HP
- Surveillance Drone hitbox size: cube of edge length 16 → cube of edge length 24
- Context: We’re happy to see that dropping the range restriction on Death Totem brought a lot more Revenants into play, but we’ve been watching a particularly frustrating combo play out in professional level play involving a squad of Revenant, Wraith, and Crypto, where using the three ultimates together resulted in two back to back runs at the enemy team that they could do very little about. We’ve attacked part of that in the Crypto EMP change, but here’s the other part aimed at making this play less overwhelming.
- Death Totem:
- For 2s after being recalled by the Death Totem, players cannot use Wraith’s Dimensional Rift.
- Stim: Can now use Stim while healing, but stim will not remove the slow you incur from healing.
- Context: While Loba was initially very popular, she’s been struggling to keep up more recently, so we’re tossing her a little buff. If you’re curious why we’ve chosen to buff her ultimate rather than her tactical: we’re seeing that she has decent combat success but that teams with her on them don’t win as much as, say, teams with Lifeline or Wattson. This suggests to us that her out of combat utility (that is to say, how she funnels loot to her team) isn’t doing enough.
- Black Market:
- Lowered cooldown from 3min to 90s
- Defensive Bombardment:
- Increased cooldown from 3 minutes to 4.5 minutes
- Rolling Thunder:
- Decreased cooldown from 4.5 minutes to 3 minutes
- Interception Pylon
- Trophy system will now shoot down Caustic barrels in flight if they would have landed inside the range of the trophy.
- Extended Energy Mags.
- Turbocharger Hop-up
- Precision Choke – Removed Precision Choke from loot pool, but it will now be integrated into the Triple Take and Peacekeeper by default. Fire select toggles on/off the choke
In Supply Drop:
- Damage increased from 11 to 12
- Increased magazine size to 32
- Ammo Reserve: 160
Out of Supply Drop- Into Ground Loot:
- Clip size reduced back to original values (36/40/44/48).
FULLY KITTED WEAPON SWAPS:
- Triple Take
- Increased pick up from 8 to 12
- Increased Stack Size from 16 to 24
- Reduce amount picked up from 30 to 20.
- Reduced vertical recoil in burst mod
- Slightly reducing recoil in pattern on 2nd and 3rd shot so first burst kicks less
- Burst mode time between bursts .32 -> .28
- Will now use 2 ammo per shot.
- Increased mag size from 4 to 8
Triple Take Buff:
- Increase fire rate 1.25 -> 1.4
- Increased Mag size from (5/6/7/8) to (6/7/8/9)
- Built the Choke hop up into the weapon by default. Toggle select-fire to enable/disable the Choke
- Built the Choke hop up into the weapon by default. Toggle select-fire to enable/disable the Choke
- Improve recoil controllability
- Updated Havoc with a new recoil pattern
Designer Note: The Havoc’s existing recoil pattern had constant horizontal movement. This means it would either be too difficult to control if there was too much recoil, or far too easy to control if there was too little recoil. Updating to a new pattern which is more consistent in style with existing recoil patterns.
- Increased clip size from 3 to 4.
- Increased Damage from 13 to 15
- Decreased Hammerpoint damage multiplier from 2.7 to 2.35. This will leave Hammerpoint P2020 damage unchanged in most scenarios..
- Increased mag size from (10/13/15/18) to (12/14/16/18)
- Only requires one shield cell to charge if the player has the gold armor.
- Slightly Reduce vertical recoil in burst mode
- Increase horizontal recoil in Auto Mode
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Supply Drop Weapons are now Heirloom Tier (red) to avoid confusion with fully kitted guns which will remain gold.
- World’s Edge received performance improvements, especially around The Tree, The Dome and Skyhook, looking towards the center of the map.
- Alterations were made to The Ring to prevent late zones from centering on unplayable terrain and reduce the predictability of the zone’s “pull.”
- Fixed an issue with the La Catrina and Killing Machine skins obscuring views when ADS with the holo, 2x, 2-4x or 3x scopes.
- Fixed an exploit with being able to see through smoke when looking through a chain link fence.
- Fixed an issue with bloodhound being able to get an additional Ult when using a wraith ultimate.
- Fixed an issue with gas traps clipping into mobile Respawn beacons.
- Fixed an issue with Revenant and Pathfinder taking less damage from Nox Gas
- Fixed an issue VFX show false positive when hitting Crypto’s Drone.
- Fixed an issue with Crypto being able to use his drone while using Loba’s Black Market.
- Fixed an issue with EMP not destroying Loba’s Black Market.
- Did a geo pass to help prevent Crypto’s drone from clipping into walls
- Fixed an issue gibraltar air strike markers sometimes appearing inside buildings.
- Fixed an issue with Loba’s Black market not being pingable.
- Fixed an issue with enemies getting teleported with Loba when they melee her when she teleports.
- Fixed an issue with decoy flying rapidly across the ground when player takes control of it before a jump tower or geyser.
- Fixed an issue with decoys not looking natural when player uses a zipline
- Fixed and issue with Decoys getting launched into air while player enters Wraith’s Portal.
- Fixed bug where Mirage’s decoys would sometimes not deploy while skydiving
- Fixed an issue with jump pads disappearing when placed on ordinances
- Fixed an issue with jump pads disappearing when placed under loot ticks.
- Hi Friend!
- Fixed an issue with enemies getting teleported with Revenant when they melee him before he teleports back to death totem.
- Fixed an issue with wraith portals pushing players beneath geo when a death box is on the other end
- Fixed an issue with Wraith’s tactical losing velocity when pressing the fire button during the tactical.
- Fixed an issue for when a death totem and portal are too close to each other causing players to auto enter a portal upon death totem recall.
- Fixed an issue with evo armor doubling the effect of leveling up. This caused some brightness on screen.
- Fixed an issue with the train killing players when coming out of a wraith portal on the train.
- Fixed an issue with some vertical zip lines not correctly placing players once they get off the line.
- Fixed an issue with spectator view pinging last pings when swapping through views (Private Match Issue).
- Fixed an issue for knockdown state not eliminating the squad when no one had a gold shield.
- Fixed an issue where death protection runs out with an active DOC medic nearby, DOC would not start healing you.
Source: Apex Legends