Congratulations to Mediatonic as Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout has become the most downloaded PlayStation Plus title ever. That’s no mean feat considering the high standard of games that have been on the service including Uncharted remasters, The Last of Us, and Star Wars Battlefront II.
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) August 26, 2020
Senior Analyst at Niko Partners, Daniel Ahmad, tweeted “Chinese games and entertainment company Bilibili has secured the rights to publish a mobile version of Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout in China.” The Bilibili website confirms the news and reveals a slight name change, in China it will be known as “Jelly Bean: Ultimate Knockout”, but it will only be available in that country.
The game was recently patched wit the “Spicy Hot Fix” update 1.06, the changes are below.
Fall Guys 1.06 ‘Spicy Hot Fix’ patch notes
- Tweaked round selection algorithm to select a Team game only if the team sizes can be equal
- Party members are now sorted first in spectator mode – Note: This has been delayed to the next update
- (PS4 Only) Added Controller options, including invert X/Y axis and sensitivity settings
- Slime Climb: players can no longer grab some of the moving obstacles
- Jump Showdown: changed geometry to prevent a gameplay exploit
- Jump Showdown: fixed camera auto-panning
- Improved in-game store purchase dialog to avoid accidental selections
- Addressed the top 5 most frequent crashes
- Visual fixes to some of the outfits
- (PS4 Only) Improved UI performance on non-Pro PS4 models
- Added option to change the jump button binding for Japan
- Trophy/Achievement names and descriptions are now correctly displayed in all supported languages
- Removed move speed nerf from Yellow Team (Don’t post this one)
This isn’t the only news for Fall Guys fans this week, as it’s been revealed that a sneak preview of Season Two of the game will be shown on the opening night of Gamescom’s digital showcase. Keep a beady eye out at 7PM BST if you’re planning to tune in.
Fall Guys is great and all….but what if I told you there is @FallGuysGame: Season 2! 👑 😮🤯
— Geoff Keighley 🔜 Opening Night Live (@geoffkeighley) August 21, 2020
Fall Guys has been an absolute sensation for the team at developer Mediatonic and publisher Devolver Digital, with the companies revealing that they’ve sold over 2 million copies on Steam in the game’s first week. That’s before you take into account however many people have been playing via PlayStation 4, where it’s free on PlayStation Plus in August. However, that has also led to some major server issues around launch, with an entire day being effectively wiped out on Friday, as they shored up the servers and added capacity ahead of the weekend. Thankfully things have been fairly steady since then.
We posted our Fall Guys review earlier this month, saying:
Full of cute and cuddly jelly beans bumbling into each other in a race for the crown, Fall Guys is just about the most wholesome battle royale imaginable, and a whole lot of fun.
Fall Guys is out now for PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam.