September has arrived and we’re still no closer to finding out either a launch date or a price for the upcoming consoles. I’m not sure what’s more impressive; Sony’s and Microsoft’s determination not to blink first, or their respective marketing departments for being watertight with leaks!
In the News This Week
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars remaster bundle announced, and it’s coming out this month
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury comes to Nintendo Switch in February 2021
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit will let you drive karts round your home with a Nintendo Switch
- Microsoft leak the launch date for Immortals Fenyx Rising
- The Mass Effect Trilogy remasters may ship this October
- The Witcher 3 is coming to PS5 & Xbox Series X with ray tracing enhancement and free upgrades from current gen
- Ubisoft Forward event announced for later this month
- Nvidia’s next-gen RTX 3090, RTX 3080 and RTX 3070 GPUs revealed
- September’s PlayStation Plus games are now available to download, links here
- The PlayStation Store Essential Picks sale features The Last of Us Part II and up to 50% off
Teaming up with Gioteck, we’ve got a load of Nintendo Switch accessories to give away! Head on over to get your entries in before 11.59PM UK time on Friday September 11th, and I wish you all good luck!
Games in Review
We had another bumper-to-bumper week of reviews:
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 – PS4, XBO, PC – 10/10
- Crusader Kings III – PC – 9/10
- Wasteland 3 – PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Elden: Path of the Forgotten – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- WRC 9 – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC (PS5 & XSX free upgrade) – 8/10
- Double Kick Heroes – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Iron Harvest – PC – 7/10
- Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC, iOS – 7/10
- Marvel’s Avengers – PS4, XBO, PC, Stadia (PS5 & XSX free upgrade) – 7/10
- Raji: An Ancient Epic – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 6/10
- Faeria – XBO, NSW, PC – 6/10
- Struggling – NSW, PC – 5/10
- Star Horizon – NSW, PC, Android, iOS – 4/10
And then a solo hardware review:
- Sades Axe Gaming Mouse – 8/10
Kicking off the previews, Stefan went hands on with an intriguing title called The Signifier, a thriller set in a world of advanced AI and brain-scanning technology. He also looked at Monster Truck Championship, while Jonny shared his thoughts on Root, a digital version of the board-game that he absolutely loves.
Elsewhere, Alan fondly looked back at Shining Force III and how stumbling across a community project to translate the game reignited his love for the game and gave him the opportunity to finish the trilogy. And with another blast from the past (although not quite as far back), Jim looked back at the classic dungeon crawler Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the eve of Marvel’s Avengers’ release.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- Crazy_Del has been practising his golf swing in PGA Tour 2K21 and is not far off the Platinum – but that will have to wait as he’s currently loving Marvel’s Avengers and Tony Hawks!
- It was the usual Fall Guys for Andrewww, who continued playing Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime in co-op, and a bit more of TLOU2.
- tactical20 went back to Animal Crossing for the September bug hunting and fishing while waiting for new maps for Skater XL.
- It was plenty of RDR2 for MrYd (as per usual), before rattling through Observation on PS Now and delving into Spellbreak, the new magic battle royale game. He might have mainly enjoyed it because he won the very first game I played!
- And ron_mcphatty scooted off to Devon this week to grab two hours of sunshine, followed by two days of rain, soggy fish and chips and steam trains. Now he’s back and playing Fall Guys some more.
Have a good weekend and I’ll see you again soon!