Starward Industries has announced its first title and it is a sci-fi thriller called The Invincible. The Invincible has been confirmed for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X | S with a release expected in 2021. Starward Industries has developers who have worked on games such as Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher 3, Dead Island, Dying Light, and Call of Juarez. The Invincible is set in a retro futuristic setting upon a hostile planet, and the artwork is very evocative of that atmosphere.
Here is the full synopsis for The Invincible:
You are a scientist onboard an interstellar scientific expedition, suddenly thrown into a life-or-death rescue mission. Landing on a planet Regis III you have to find the missing crew members using some advanced space equipment, whilst relying on your brains and instincts to survive on the planet which quickly occurs to be unwelcoming. Soon you’ll discover that Regis III holds terrifying secrets which are uncovered while you’re piecing together the fate of your crew. And as you delve deeper into the mystery, you realise that perhaps you are not alone, and that some places like this planet are better left untouched. But it’s too late to turn back.
- Retro-future atompunk setting reminiscent of the era of space race
- Analogue yet very advanced technology allowing for drones and autonomous robots to support or spoil your mission
- Immersive gameplay with a non-linear story shaped by your relationships, choices and persuasive skills
- Beautiful, state of the art graphics powered by Unreal Engine
- Intriguing story inspired by Stanislaw Lem’s seminal sci-fi cult classic of the same name