PlayStation 5 pre-orders are back today and we now believe this is the promised restock from Sony. Amazon has already gone, Game is expected this morning, and Currys has established a queuing system. All with just as little advance warning as the first time round. Cool.
We will do our best to keep tabs on things, but expect this to be relatively low in numbers and disappear very quickly. We also have very little information over who will have a fresh supply of pre-orders, so we’ve collected links to as many product pages as possible and we’ll add notes and check periodically.
Update 1:30PM – Game stock looks to now be depleted. Smyths Toys, Currys, Very, Amazon and Argos are also confirmed OOS. It’s looking unlikely that further retailers will have any stock today, but we’ll see.
PS5 Pre-Orders UK – Out Of Stock
- Game – PlayStation 5 Bundles – £9.99 delivery fees apply. Many bundles are going out of stock. Checkout queues are in effect (1:30PM)
- Smyths Toys – PlayStation 5 (Disc), PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – Smyths are now OOS (1:05PM)
- Very * – PlayStation 5 (Disc), PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – All options now out of stock (12:15PM)
- Currys PC World ** – PlayStation 5 pre-order queue – Pre-order queue is now live, but is already 30,000 deep… We’re calling it.(12:30PM)
- Amazon UK – PlayStation 5 (Disc), PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – restocked between 8-9AM and now OOS
- Argos * – PlayStation 5 (Disc), PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – Just discovered that Argos was at 8AM this morning and quickly OOS… Coooooooool. (12:50PM)
Retailers without restock
- AO.com – PlayStation 5 (Disc), PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – Their twitter doesn’t think they will have stock today
- John Lewis – PlayStation 5 (Disc) – John Lewis does not have an additional pre-order allocation
- SimplyGames – No additional stock today
Other potential retailers
- ShopTo – PlayStation 5 (Disc), PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
- Box.co.uk – PlayStation 5 (Disc), PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
* Payment taken at time of order
It comes after the somewhat chaotic state of PS5 pre-orders last week, with Sony’s announcement stream promising that pre-orders would get started the following day, only for retailers to jump the gun and all going at various times with little to no warning. Not quite what Sony had previously promised.
Game was one of the guilty parties, and their website struggled under the pressure – guest checkouts were available, but signing in was broken as anything. They fared little better with the Xbox Series X|S pre-orders on Tuesday, with a queue established for people to sign in, but others able to simply checkout as a guest once more. Then there were troubles with the Klarna financing for Xbox All Access purchases, and they took the site down for half the day to fix their stuff. Oh, and to cap it all off, the company has now decided that all pre-orders will have a £10 delivery fee.
Sony promised that more stock would be forthcoming in the weeks leading up to the 19th November launch in the UK, but a highly anticipated bit of tech like PS5 is going to get more than a few people jumping on a pre-order and then cancelling when they’ve changed their minds, perhaps even getting multiple orders in.
The PlayStation 5 is coming out in November, heading first to the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea on 12th November, before arriving in the UK and Europe on 19th November. It costs £449.99 for the version with a 4K UHD Blu-ray drive and £359.99 for the digital edition, though Sony have been producing far fewer digital consoles than full fat ones, it seems.
More PlayStation 5 News:
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales is coming to PS4 as well as PS5 – Ultimate Edition bundles in a Spider-Man remaster on PS5
- Horizon Forbidden West and Sackboy A Big Adventure are also coming to PS4 with free upgrades to PS5
- PlayStation Plus Collection announced for PlayStation 5, a subscription service featuring PS4 games
- Demon Souls Remake confirmed as PS5 exclusive
- Oddworld Soulstorm PS5 gameplay
- God of War: Ragnarok announced for PS5!
- Resident Evil 8: Village has a new PS5 trailer
- First PS5 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War footage revealed
- Hogwarts Legacy has finally been revealed, coming out in 2021
- Final Fantasy XVI announced for PS5