First person underwater vehicle shooter Aquanox: Deep Descent launches on October 16th for PC, almost twenty years after the first game in the series hit the waves. As some gamers weren’t even alive back in 2001, THQ Nordic have put together a trailer explaining what the new game entails.
Here’s more about the game which I have shamelessly copied from the press release.
Aquanox: Deep Descent is a first person underwater vehicle shooter, in which players control a variety of customizable ships to engage in fierce battles in the dystopian deep sea world of Aqua.
In the near future, the Earth’s surface has become uninhabitable. What remains of humankind lives in former mining and research stations, deep below the surface of the sea. Born and raised in the only world we know, the loose network of underwater settlements, torn by the war for resources and dominance between various factions.
Take control of a team of highly trained fighter pilots and experience an epic story in the deep sea world of Aquanox. Send your enemies down to Davy Jones’s Locker with well-aimed torpedoes, mortars, mines and more. Explore the deepest corners of the oceans – mysterious, hazardous, uncharted.
- Fight: Unique underwater vehicle combat with a wide variety of play styles
- Co-op: 4 player drop-in co-op, with four distinct pilots who are all involved in the game story
- Customize: Choose your ship, and upgrade it to fit your preferred playing style
- Explore: Explore, salvage, and loot- all while discovering the deepest corners of the ocean
- PVP: Classic multiplayer modes, including Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch Dogfighting
For more on the history of the game you can pop over to the Aquanox Deep Descent Official Website. The game will launch on Steam and there is also a Limited Edition on Amazon for € 39.99 / £ 34.99 / $ 39.99. Sploosh!
Source: Press release