Crystal Dynamics have pushed a new title update for their big superhero brawler, Marvel’s Avengers. Since September the studio has been ironing out bugs and other reported issues – several weeks down the line, Avengers players can finally expect some new in game content.
Marvel’s Avengers update 1.11 (or build V1.3.3) is now live across all available platforms including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia.
Fire up the Avengers Initiative multiplayer mode and you may notice a new outpost when visiting the Pacific Northwest – here you’ll find SHIELD Substation Zero along with new characters and points of interest.
For those grinding away at the endgame, there’s a new Tachyon Rift mission type that has been added to Marvel’s Avengers. Ahead of update 1.11, players had been sighting strange portals, alluding to the presence of these rifts. Here’s what seasoned superheroes can expect from these missions:
You’ll investigate the temporal anomalies by taking on the new Tachyon Rift missions, which are the first place players can get Cosmic Gear. The Tachyon storm will damage players over time, but charges Heroic energy at an increased rate. With the “Meridian” modifier active, players can pass through Temporal Anomalies to extended the time you can spend within a Tachyon Rift. A late-game offering, Tachyon Rift Missions require 140 Power Level or higher Super Heroes to play. These missions are available once per day and rotate out daily.
Marvel Avenger’s update 1.11 also come tagged with a slew of improvements – one being the ability to accept and complete faction bounties at a terminal instead of needing to move between outposts. Here are some other key changes highlighted (for more in-depth patch notes, click here):
- Extended pickup radius for reward drops.
- The ability to preview cosmetic vendor items.
- Option to scale subtitle/closed caption text size.
- Closed Captions will no longer be automatically display in cinematics when subtitles are displayed.
- Movement speed increased in outposts when in Avengers Initiative
- AI companion improvements, including assistance when player needs to be revived.
- Improved Mega Hive rewards. They now are guaranteed to give two exclusive exotic gear items and an increased amounts of upgrade modules upon completion.
- Implemented a fix that will retroactively grant Iron Man’s iconic outfit for players who previously lost it due to a bug.
Hunting for Cosmic gear should keep fans busy for a short while though many are wondering what Crystal Dynamics have planned in the long term, having previously revealed Hawkeye and Spider-Man as playable characters. For more on Marvel’s Avengers, read our day one review.
Source: Marvel’s Avengers