Microsoft are bringing one of the classic original Xbox games out of retirement for November’s Games with Gold selection. Full Spectrum Warrior will be joined by Lego Indiana Jones in the pair of backward compatible games, while Aragami: Shadow Edition and Swimsanity! will fill out the Xbox One spots.
Admittedly it’s not the most exciting of line ups as Microsoft hope to embrace a new era of gamer with the launch fo the Xbox Series X|S on the 10th November. Even so, Full Spectrum Warrior was a game that was generally well regarded on the Xbox, and something that I’ve been curious to check out for a long, long time.
We reviewed Aragami back in 2016, with Miguel scoring it 6/10:
You can see the passion and care put into Aragami from a mile away. Everything about the game shows a love for the stealth genre and the games that made the genre so great. Unfortunately, it isn’t until you get up close and start to play the game that you also see all the cracks. Aragami has a lot going for it, but it also has a lot going against it, and those issues keep a good game from being a great game.
Meanwhile, Swimsanity launched in early August across PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. It’s described as “a multiplayer underwater shooter with action-packed co-op and versus game modes.”
- Aragami: Shadow Edition – 1st to 30th November
- Swimsanity! – 16th November to 15th December
- Full Spectrum Warrior (Xbox BC) – 1st to 15th November
- Lego Indiana Jones (Xbox 360 BC) – 16th to 30th November
And you can still grab three of the four games from October’s selection of spookiness
- Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut – 1st to 31st October
- Maid of Sker – 16th October to 15th November
- Costume Quest (Xbox 360 BC) – 16th to 31st October