UPDATE: The full patch notes have dropped, you can read them here.
Destiny 2 is about to evolve, the biggest change to the game since it launched will begin on November 9th with an extended period of downtime and a completely new version of the game which everyone will have to download.
Let’s start with the downtime, remember UTC is now the same as GMT so this actually starts in the small hours of November 10th for those in the UK. [Update: apologies for the mix up over the date]
- November 9, 3:30 PM PST (2330 UTC): Background maintenance for Update 184.108.40.206 will begin.
- November 9, 4:00 PM PST (0000 UTC): In preparation for downtime, players will be removed from activities and will be required to download a small update before logging in again.
- November 9, 6:50 PM PST (0250 UTC): Sign-on for Destiny 2 will be disabled.
- November 9, 7:00 PM PST (0300 UTC): Destiny 2 will be brought offline for expected maintenance. Players will be removed from activities and won’t be able to log back into Destiny 2 until 9 AM PST on November 10.
- November 10, 9:00 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
- November 10 12:00 PM PDT (2000 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
Now to to preloads, including how much space you will need free on your hard drive. Please note Bungie’s warning, do not delete your existing copy of Destiny 2 to make space for the new version!
BEYOND LIGHT PRE-LOADPre-load for Update 18.104.22.168 will be available prior to the game’s release. Below are pre-load timelines and instructions based on platform:PlayStationBeginning on November 8 after 8 PM PST (0400 UTC), users can start pre-downloading Update 22.214.171.124 by:
- Navigating to Destiny 2
- Pressing the “Options” button
- And selecting “Check for Updates”In an effort to decrease server load, some PlayStation Plus users may be able to pre-download Update 126.96.36.199 starting on November 7 after 8 PM PST (0400 UTC) if they have auto update/download enabled on their PlayStation 4. For instructions on how to setup auto update/download, please click here.PLEASE NOTE: BUNGIE RECOMMENDS THAT PLAYERS SHOULD NOT DELETE THEIR CURRENT VERSION OF DESTINY 2 ON THEIR PLAYSTATION CONSOLE TO SPEED UP THE PRE-DOWNLOAD PROCESS.XboxPre-load for Xbox will be available shortly after Destiny 2 is taken offline for expected maintenance at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC) on November 9. For instructions on how to setup auto update, please click here.PCPre-load for PC will be available shortly after Destiny 2 is taken offline for expected maintenance at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC) on November 9. Update 188.8.131.52 should automatically be put in the Steam download queue once it is available to pre-load. For more information on managing Steam downloads and updates, please click here.STORAGE REQUIREMENTSBelow are the updated storage requirements for Beyond Light:
Platform Destiny 2 Install Size Storage Space Needed for Installation Xbox Series X|S 65.7 GB 65.7GB PlayStation 5 70.78 GB 70.78 GB PlayStation 4 70.78 GB 171.68 GB* Xbox One 65.7 GB 65.7 GB PC 69.7 GB** 186.2 GB***
* PlayStation 4: Includes current installed version of Destiny 2 (100.9 GB) + Update 184.108.40.206 pre-load (70.78 GB) = 171.68 GB
** PC: Destiny 2 Install Size may vary based on languages installed, size shown is maximum size possible
*** PC: Includes current installed version of Destiny 2 (up to 116.5 GB) + Update 220.127.116.11 pre-load (up to 69.7 GB) = 186.2 GB