Less than a fortnight after the game’s launch, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is getting its first double XP event to commemorate the release of its Nuketown ’84 multiplayer map.
Developer Treyarch Studios have confirmed the exact release date and launch times for the new Nuketown arena which will be arriving later today, November 24th, at 10AM PT (that’s 6PM UK time).
As previously mentioned, this latest iteration of the popular Nuketown map will trigger a double XP event in Black Ops Cold War. Running through until November 30th, players will receive two times the amount of experience earned in matches with double weapon XP to boot. So if you’re looking to max out your favourite guns, or perhaps grind out some levels with your most underused ones, you should definitely swing by for the Nuketown event.
As for the new map itself, this isn’t the same Nuketown that originally appeared more than a decade ago in Call of Duty: Black Ops. Although it shares the same core layout, this is in fact a sister site and one that injects a bit more colour and attitude into the fan favourite arena. Here’s Treyarch Creative Specialist, Miles Leslie, discussing the map in detail.
Nuketown ’84 drops tomorrow in #BlackOpsColdWar.
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) November 23, 2020
Meanwhile, a new update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War made some quick fixes – you can check out the official patch notes below:
- Adjusted Hardpoint spawn logic to reduce average travel time to active Hardpoints.
- Adjusted enemy weighting for spawns in Crossroads Strike and Armada Strike.
Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Addressed a UI error that could sometimes occur when loading into a match of Fireteam: Dirty Bomb on Ruka.
- Addressed an issue that would prevent Flak Jacket from properly protecting the player from explosive damage in Hardcore modes.
- Addressed an issue where the player could earn Field Upgrade charge while their Ring of Fire was currently activated.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused zombies to use their ranged attack unexpectedly.
- Addressed a rare issue that could rarely cause the Megaton to be permanently invincible after splitting.
- Added various stability fixes.
Source: Twitter (@Treyarch)